Overpriced yes.
Worth it... possibly.
Although you could save around $300-$400 by buying an Epi Les Paul and putting Seymour Duncans in it. You just don't get the pretty flamed maple.
im a huge slash fan but that thing is waaay overpriced. you can pick elitists, orvilles, tokais, etc that are way better. I really like the top on the gibson models, not sure how good they will look on the epis tho.
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Ya know what's funny? I can buy basically the same model for under 500.

but you wouldnt get the same tuners, tone capacitors, pickups, hardshell case, and slash picks...or that beautiful top. i think the toggle switch is different too
Not worth it.
Get a high end Agile. You'll get brand name hardware, and a real figured top, not veneer.
Sorry elitists, but this is a pretty good deal.

Adding all of the features from this guitar to a Les Paul Standard Plus (the closest thing to it) would cost you quite a lot.

This guitar costs $1,000. A Standard Plus costs $550, then add the $190 for the Slash pickups, $20 for locking tuners, >$100 hardshell case, somewhere around $30 to install the pickups, $10 for each pot (not necessary, but still). Add that all up and you get $930. Not even counting tax or possible shipping charges. And with a Standard Plus, I'm pretty sure you get an AA veneer top instead of AAA with the Slash sig.

Not a bad price at all. Especially because you get the hardshell case and some collectible extras. I'm fairly impressed.
i'm not all that into sig models, but i'm sure it's hell of a profit for Slash, and that is a sexy LP, too bad i can't play cleanly with em, i resort to the EC-1000
It's definitely less overpriced than the Gibson model but I still wouldn't pay 1000 dollars for it when any Les Paul Standard for half the price would probably sound exactly the same plus I'm not really into signature guitars
Quote by Ikey
im no fred flintstone but i can sure make the bed rock

MY GEAR!

Epiphone Futura Custom EX
Randall RG75DG3 Combo Amp
MXR 10-Band EQ
Oscar Schmidt OG10CEN

howya doin
Quote by Ippon
I still wish that Epi would get rid of that mutant headstock.

I tend to agree, I'm glad I'm not the only one. Can't they just use the same headstock shape that Gibsons use? Maybe it's way different, but ESP & LTD have the same headstock shape... surely Epiphone could adopt Gibson's... ???

Considering good Epi Les Pauls run between $650 and $700. I think it's fairly priced. Your getting the custom case, Seymour Duncan Slash Signature Alnico-II Pro humbuckers ($190.00 a set), Sprague Orange Drop capacitors ($10.00 ea plus installation), hand-signed certificate in binder. I am not a big Slash fan at all and this guitar does not interest me because it's a Slash sig but the specs are great. They haven't hit the stores here as far as I know but i am sure I will try it out when it does.

John
Seeing as I'm Australian, I pay that price for lower quality guitars, so yes it's a good deal to me.

If I ever wanted that guitar.
Where the **** are people buying Orange Drop caps for $10? That's over 10x market value. Installation is a few minutes worth of work. Alnico II pups are pretty meh. Go for a used Epi Standard and throw in some boutique winds and PIO caps and RS Super Pots and you'll spend like $500 without the case. And have a much nicer sounding guitar.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Quote by Nickpocalypse
I tend to agree, I'm glad I'm not the only one. Can't they just use the same headstock shape that Gibsons use? Maybe it's way different, but ESP & LTD have the same headstock shape... surely Epiphone could adopt Gibson's... ???

The MIJ Epis for the local Japanese market have the proper headstock.

Quote by mmolteratx
Where the **** are people buying Orange Drop caps for $10? That's over 10x market value. Installation is a few minutes worth of work. Alnico II pups are pretty meh. Go for a used Epi Standard and throw in some boutique winds and PIO caps and RS Super Pots and you'll spend like $500 without the case. And have a much nicer sounding guitar.
Exactly!

Lol, orange drop capacitors giving a unique tone, if tone was dictated by your brand of capacitor then there would be a massive market for them.

I don't care what anyone says, the brand and material the capacitor is made of changes nothing, it's the value of the capacitor that changes your tone.

It's sad that they would use that as a selling point.

On point, a very overpriced sig guitar
Quote by Nickpocalypse

That way ppl may accidentally think that it's a good guitar.
Quote by ethan_hanus
Lol, orange drop capacitors giving a unique tone, if tone was dictated by your brand of capacitor then there would be a massive market for them.

I don't care what anyone says, the brand and material the capacitor is made of changes nothing, it's the value of the capacitor that changes your tone.

Right, like pure nickel-wrap strings or new pots or new amp tubes.
Come on, just because you've never A/B'ed with a set of alligator clips and a few flavors of caps doesn't mean it's not a different sound. Plus, they're a dollar apiece. It's probably not a huge selling point but it's not like a set of pickups that cost a lot to upgrade.
That price doesn’t make me wince. But I would never pay $1,000 for a guitar that looks like some drunkard scribbled on the headstock. That headstock makes it look like a Craigslist project guitar with a cheap neck.
Quote by ethan_hanus

On point, a very overpriced sig guitar

There kind of is a market for replacement caps... A quite large one too. Maybe the average guitar player doesn't know because they aren't into serious mods but it definitely exists. Even for those that don't know a whole lot there's still a market for replacement caps.

As far as a difference, different cap types definitely make a difference in FX and even more so in amps. There's considerably more to a capacitor than it's capacitance value. There are a slew of other properties that have an effect on sound as well.

In a guitar, I'm not sure. When I replaced the caps in my guitars I also changed the values so I'm not sure how much of the tone change had to do with the change of type and the change in value.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
It's basically a Standard with some pickusp slapped in. You could get a Standard and install the pickups yourself for a lot less. The only real plus point is this version does come with a hardcase.

Little history on the Slash models: Epiphone used to make a Joe Perry Les Paul, which had a unique chambering pattern, a semi-satin finish on the back of the neck and had Gibson BurstBucker pickups with the neck pickup being made reverse-wound (in fact this was the only way to get a reverse-wound BB #2 pickup). It also had a unique finish, aged tiger.
They stopped making this model to make room on their line-up for the Slash models. All of the Slash models are based on the Epi LP Standards with Seymour Duncan pickups thrown in. Their finishes have all been available on other Epiphones before, none of their parts are unique, nothing about them is in fact special. Yet they are the reason that Epiphone stopped making the Joe Perry model and they cost more to buy, even though they are cheaper to make.

So if you buy a Slash Epi or Gibson then quite frankly you're a bit of an idiot. You're giving them a helluva lot of money just to install some average pickups. The Tony Iommi signature SG has unique fetaures. The Joe Perry model had unique features. At least the Twisted Sister LP had a unique finish. These Slash models? Nothing unique, nothing special, you're paying several hundred extra for someone to sit down for six minutes with a soldering iron.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by mmolteratx
There kind of is a market for replacement caps... A quite large one too. Maybe the average guitar player doesn't know because they aren't into serious mods but it definitely exists. Even for those that don't know a whole lot there's still a market for replacement caps.

As far as a difference, different cap types definitely make a difference in FX and even more so in amps. There's considerably more to a capacitor than it's capacitance value. There are a slew of other properties that have an effect on sound as well.

In a guitar, I'm not sure. When I replaced the caps in my guitars I also changed the values so I'm not sure how much of the tone change had to do with the change of type and the change in value.

Yeah, I can understand how it would affect an amp more, but in a guitar, really? Cath, or Jim or someone with a lot of experience around here told me that capacitors in guitars really make no difference unless the values are different, which makes sense, cause all they really do is bleed off the highs in a guitar signal.

I think a higher value bleeds off more highs, and a smaller value bleeds off less highs.
Quote by MrFlibble
It's basically a Standard with some pickusp slapped in. You could get a Standard and install the pickups yourself for a lot less. The only real plus point is this version does come with a hardcase.

Little history on the Slash models: Epiphone used to make a Joe Perry Les Paul, which had a unique chambering pattern, a semi-satin finish on the back of the neck and had Gibson BurstBucker pickups with the neck pickup being made reverse-wound (in fact this was the only way to get a reverse-wound BB #2 pickup). It also had a unique finish, aged tiger.
They stopped making this model to make room on their line-up for the Slash models. All of the Slash models are based on the Epi LP Standards with Seymour Duncan pickups thrown in. Their finishes have all been available on other Epiphones before, none of their parts are unique, nothing about them is in fact special. Yet they are the reason that Epiphone stopped making the Joe Perry model and they cost more to buy, even though they are cheaper to make.

So if you buy a Slash Epi or Gibson then quite frankly you're a bit of an idiot. You're giving them a helluva lot of money just to install some average pickups. The Tony Iommi signature SG has unique fetaures. The Joe Perry model had unique features. At least the Twisted Sister LP had a unique finish. These Slash models? Nothing unique, nothing special, you're paying several hundred extra for someone to sit down for six minutes with a soldering iron.
Where do you get your info, btw?
I don't usually buy signatures, because they are usually overpriced. I like the way that they look, but not worth all the extra money.
***Guitars***
Epiphone Les Paul Custom AP (w/ 2 Seymour Duncans)
Jackson Dx10D Dinky (w/ DiMarzio PAF Bridge)
Epihpone Hummingbird

***Amps***
Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 100 (Voodoo Modified)
Custom 4x12 Halfstack (w/ Veteran 30's)
I'd buy a Greco or Orville long before I'd even touch that AFD LP.
Epiphone Dot
DIY Esquire w/Neovin Power Rock pickup
Vox AC30VR 212
Arion MTE-1 (LED clipping diodes added)
Vox Tonelab LE
Roland SDE1000 delay

Quote by DaMarsbarPerson
By high-gain I don't mean stupid stuff. I just mean styles like Motley Crue or Iron Maiden
Seems like a joke to me. The Appetite LP wasn't even a Gibson, let along an Epiphone. It was a high quality replica made by Chris Derring. Slash's manager had it built because the LPs Gibson was building were crap.
GMW hot-rod telecaster
GMW soloist
PRS Custom 24
The Illegal Les Paul
CAE 3+SE
Soldano SM-100R
Splawn 4x12

“Life is on the wire…the rest is just waiting” - Papa Wallenda
Substitute the stage for the wire, and he's got it.
Quote by forsaknazrael
I don't think it matter much in a passive circuit, like the guitar.

Effects and amps, it sure does. Amps to a greater degree, of course.

Seems a bit pricey to me, but I'd like to play it and see how it feels.

The EQ on most amps is passive, and nobody argues that the caps used there don't matter.
Next time I change a cap out I'll post some clips so you can say you're sorry
Quote by forsaknazrael
Where do you get your info, btw?
The Epi site itself lists everything you need to know, except for some discontinued models.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.