Hey, me and my friends have been messing around with a new project, writing some new stuff, and we wrote this song. It doesn't have vocals yet and it's kind of rough, but some feedback would be nice. I'll give crit back.

http://www.reverbnation.com/bandnamecomingsoon
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
not bad, the quality is really great! reminds me of korn abit
Quote by AgentWiggles
Thanks, douche.

Quote by SlayingDragons
Dude...

Gear:
Ibanez SZ 520QM
Ibanez RG 450DXB
Fender Big Apple Stratocaster
Pod XT Live
Peavey XXX Half Stack
Peavey Bandit 112
and a soul of Rock n' Roll
Thanks for the feedback. Our friend who's got a little studio in his basement recorded it for us.

We aren't really going for Korn in the slightest haha. We're going for a kind of Thrice, Recieving End of Sirens, Of Machines kind of sound. I don't know if the muting in the chorus makes it too "heavy". We're looking for a vocalist who can fit well with that style, preferably somebody who can sing pretty damn high. We might go dual frontmen with a screamer also. Any thoughts on that situation?

I was also thinking it was a little too repetitive.
Last edited by StreetLight3989 at Sep 15, 2010,
StreetLight,
Audio quality is very good!! Drums, guitar, and bass all sound very good. It may sound somewhat repetitive at this point, but this should be less of a problem when you get vocals on this. If it doesn't end up with screamo/growling vocals, I would like to hear it when it's finished. Please review my music at this link:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1356300&page=1&pp=20
Thanks, it should be done with vocals at some point, we just want a really good fit. If there are going to be screams, they won't be showcased. Mostly clean vocals (original plan), but I we may want to add some screams too, and we thought the dual frontman/vocalist idea would be cool.
that lead at the beginning actually makes me think of tool haha, sounds cool I like it. Pretty good sounding recording too! It does sound lightly repetitive but things sound like that without vocals. I think it would sound great with lots of screaming or with lots of singing, both fit the entire song. On the dual frontman thing i'd say don't do it, if you dont want lots of screams don't bother, I always found that gimmicky and it actually puts me off bands when they have 2 vocalists. sounds good though i'm very interested to hear it with vocals!
crit my songs?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1360772
Gear:
Fender CP Jazzmaster
Schecter PT Custom w/ Dimarzio crunch lab/liquifire
Marshall JCM2000 DSL+Orange 4x12
Orange Tiny Terror+Mesa Electra Dyne 2x12
Boss TU-2/NS-2/DD-6
Maxon OD808

MY BAND!
Good stuff:
The tone of the lead guitar,
How the rythm guitar manages to be both brutal and still compliment the melody well.

Needs improvement:
The bass seems a little too indistinct.
Needs vocals. I think clean vocals, with the occasional scream if any. The song needs a distinct melody, which would be easier to achieve with clean vocals, I think