ive considered going to a teacher, because i need hands on learning. ive been watching videos, and looking at tabs, and reading about techniques, and it seems like that only goes so far with me.

so i was wondering if there were any kind of hands on programs or something for the computer? i saw a few that were like... 50 dollars, but i was wondering if theres any free ones.... i know free is a crappy word in the world of lessons and learning, but i cant afford anything right now.

so does anyone know any free programs? or might know something i can try to get better besides a teacher?
My Stuff:

Alvarez acoustic guitar
Peavey Rotor-EXP
BC RICH Warlock Bass
B (Fender Strat Knock off)

Johnson amp
Line 6 Spider III amp
Randall RG-300 Head Amp
um do you have the vital Guitar Pro? A program I've grown fond of as well is Amazing Slow Downer. Sounds silly but lowers the speed of the song without losing quality. Cause tabs here are written by deaf monkeys you don't know when it might help. Oh btw *clears throat* thepiratebay.org *cough* but remember to support them later on when you can
yeah, i have guitar pro. and uhh *cough i head piratebay was closed *cough* not sure though. tried to get on today and nothing...

but i love that program for learning songs, but i dont wanna learn songs anymore. i wanna learn like.. scales, chords, and all that. but i need a way to memorize, and remember which is which, and all that... cuz i cant just see it, play it, see the next, play the next, and on and on... ill forget real quick. thats why i need to do something different
My Stuff:

Alvarez acoustic guitar
Peavey Rotor-EXP
BC RICH Warlock Bass
B (Fender Strat Knock off)

Johnson amp
Line 6 Spider III amp
Randall RG-300 Head Amp
You can check out scales and chords in GP. Just press "A" to open up the chord library, I don't know the shortcut for the scales menu but it's in the toolbar, lists pretty much every scale.
You can check out my free lessons on YouTube linked below in my signature. Let me know what you think.
I use Guitar Pro to play songs I like to listen to. It's challenging but I feel like I'm improving after a few months of guitar play (practicing the solo from Metallica - Orion and Master of Puppets main riff/solos).