I recently bought a few guitar cables. I have been hanging them on 1 S-shaped hook on the wall and I was wondering if this would damage them at all. I heard that you shouldn't bend the cables but when they are on the hook it's not really a tight bend.

If this is bad is there a better way to store them so they aren't all over the floor?
Ugh, please learn to use commas.

Anyway, no, it won't hurt the cables. If you pulled them into a tight figure 8 shape and left them with all that tension on them, then it might. But since you're not doing that, I think your cables will be fine.
Also, as ethan_hanus mentioned, it's more the jack you have to worry about with cables. So, don't jerk the cables out of your amp or out of your guitar. Doing that WILL screw up the jack eventually. I've actually ruined a cable doing that exact thing.
Last edited by crazysam23_Atax at Sep 16, 2010,
I left my coily cables on the ground and....

My cat took a shit on them, I had to clean it up and I almost got shit on my hands...

Now I'm trying to build my new room so I cant have fkn cats shitting on my cables.

I will never use that cable... again... It still smells like shit.

You can just leave your cables on the ground though,
Last edited by LolCatGuitar at Sep 16, 2010,
Quote by LolCatGuitar
I left my coily cables on the ground and....

My cat took a shit on them, I had to clean it up and I almost got shit on my hands...

Now I'm trying to build my new room so I cant have fkn cats shitting on my cables.

I will never use that cable... again... It still smells like shit.

You can just leave your cables on the ground though,

Made me laugh very hard. Thank you.

And yeah I actually like that idea. I just toss mine on the ground. Gonna pick up some hooks tomorrow.
I wrap them over under over under and then hang them on hooks. It's the best for them IMHO
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
Quote by Brendan.Clace
I wrap them over under over under and then hang them on hooks. It's the best for them IMHO

I use to do this, but when the cable is at full length the cable gets all tangled due to this method. The proper technique (I think) is this method -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqbYyaUY5Sk&feature=related

This stops the cable twisting and knotting when at full length.
Quote by Kensai
You'll find whisky very different, but try it and you'll grow into it, soon you and whisky are one, but still two, lovers dancing across a frozen lake under moonlight, wrapped in honey and warmth.

Sums up whisky perfectly