So after nearly three weeks of waiting my Xaviere 870 (Strat) came in the mail. This was merely for the body and pickups because I have a '91 MIM Fender Strat neck that I planned to put on this thing, as well as change all of the accessories to black. As good as it will look, it looks pretty good out of the box. Pictures:

Just a few of the other GFS items that will be used on this bad boy.

and with the neck...after some swear words and gentle (read furious) screw-drivering

I'll update soon with all of the new stuffins on there

Review:

Features: The Xaviere 870 comes stock with a full retail set of GFS somewhat-famed alnico staggers; single coils. Also a "USA Spec" Trem and grover-esque tuners. It is a 3-piece body and honestly it looks like one piece! There are no ugly seams and no awkward changes in the pattern of the wood. The 2-tone sunburst is a deep chocolate brown to a sexy burnt orange. The pickguard is actually a gross green color and all the accessories are "vintagey" cream. None of that matters though because I bought all black accessories to put on it.

Sound: This is where I will rave and for the price many of you might not understand it, I don't blame you. I also own an SX strat and this thing blows that out of the water! For only $75 more the sound is comparable to a MIM strat, I kid you not. It sounds like a strat and I am sure to fool some people now with the Fender neck on it. The bridge pickup is a bit weak, but a humbucker is going in there Friday. The sweet spot on this baby is position 2; neck/middle. You get all of those sexy Strat tones you expect. I will have to put clips up soon just to prove I'm not crazy.

Action/Finish: It came setup very well. However, after the neck change, things got kind of screwy. It would be unfair to blame anything on GFS and Xaviere guitars, so any issues I will take the blame for there. After about an hour of fidgeting and fixing and tweaking its pretty damn well near set-up. I'm not worried though because Friday night I will tear into this thing and have to do everything all over again. Great setup out of the box, though. The finish, however, is near flawless. No dings, no ugly marks, the paint job is excellent and its not caked in clear coat. I'm just shocked at this point that it only cost $175.

Reliability: We'll find out soon enough, but everything seems to be put together solidly, nothing was rattling or wiggling. This is a sold guitar, I hope it holds up.

Impression: I will keep this short and sweet. At this price point I can't find much to complain about. After my customizing and humbucker-in-bridge change I will surely fall in love with this guitar. The Fender neck feels so good in my left hand, and the pickups sounds so sweet and respond well to my right hand. My ears love the sounds coming from my Vox, and my eyes love looking at this thing. Needless to say, I am very impressed.

At this price point, you can't be disappointed. Thanks for looking everyone!
LICKY, LICKY LOLLIPOP

Quote by soundjam
Which is why you eat funions. All the deliciousness of fried onions without disgusting lukewarm onion snake.
Last edited by BrokenDstring at Sep 16, 2010,
Your left hanf?

Also, how much did this cost you total?

HNGD nonetheless.
Quote by Wisthekiller
tl;dr How does one safely remove the smell of a corpse from a banjo?

Would you run down past the fence?

Tell us, is the black box lying?
fixed

I'll run down the costs real quick.
Guitar -175
Neck- 90
Pickup - 35
Accessories- about 25

325-ish for a guitar that plays, feels and sounds like about 500-600. Not bad, I'd say.
LICKY, LICKY LOLLIPOP

Quote by soundjam
Which is why you eat funions. All the deliciousness of fried onions without disgusting lukewarm onion snake.
The frets were pretty good. Nothing you'd find on a Gibby or American Fender though. However, nothing was hanging over or sharp. Everything seemed to be done pretty well there.
LICKY, LICKY LOLLIPOP

Quote by soundjam
so the neck pocket size was perfectly compatible?? anyway, HNGD
Guitars:
* Custom "does-it-all" Strat
*'12 James Tyler Studio Elite HD Burning Water (HSH)
* EVH Wolfgang Special Stealth HT
Quote by thelax
so the neck pocket size was perfectly compatible?? anyway, HNGD

It fit perfectly, but the holes were just ever-so-slightly off, but that was no problem.
LICKY, LICKY LOLLIPOP

Quote by soundjam
I like what I'm seeing here! Usually don't like HSS strats but I'm psyched to see this thing finished
SLAP energy drinks ftw.
And is that U-G on the laptop in the background?! FTW! lulz.com
SLAP energy drinks ftw.
You better believe it...and if you look close with some fancy software or something lulz you can see thats your chat box.com
LICKY, LICKY LOLLIPOP

Quote by soundjam
Quote by BrokenDstring
...and if you look close with some fancy software or something lulz you can see thats your chat box.com

You asked for it.....

urdoinitwrong?
SLAP energy drinks ftw.
Last edited by ianae86 at Sep 16, 2010,
I'm shocked on two counts: one that cartoon looks like you and two: you used the picture without the chat box in it!

disappoint.
LICKY, LICKY LOLLIPOP

Quote by soundjam