Well I'm considering buying a 4x12 blackstar cab to run with my ht-5 to try and reduce the brightness that the 10" speaker gives off when cranked.

My question is how much of a volume difference to my ears will I notice from adding the cab and I'm talking in practical terms, not in theory.
The gear:

* Epiphone Les Paul Custom
* Schecter Jeff Loomis Signature 7 String
* Fender Squier P Bass
* Blackstar Stage HT-60
* Original Crybaby
* EHX Small Clone
* Boss DD-3
Last edited by hendrixftw at Sep 16, 2010,
You read it wrong. It’s 1x16 from one jack and the other two can be used as 1x8 or 2x16.

And splitting your output to four speakers instead of one give you less volume, not more. That’s 5 watts divided by four speakers, not four speakers pumping out five watts each.
Quote by jpnyc
You read it wrong. It’s 1x16 from one jack and the other two can be used as 1x8 or 2x16.

And splitting your output to four speakers instead of one give you less volume, not more. That’s 5 watts divided by four speakers, not four speakers pumping out five watts each.

Bull. You'd normally get around a ~3db increase per speaker because of increased cone area. However, since the power is split, the effect is near negligible so there won't be much difference in volume although it will sound a bit fuller because of the increased cone area. Maybe a tad bit more volume but not much.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs