So it's about 1 am here. Tomorrow, I have jazz band auditions. And of course, I manage to drop my guitar in a way that a tuning peg (D string) breaks. The screw was bent, but I think I managed to fix it with some pliers (no other screws like that in the house). Washer's as flat as it will be. the plastic handle is out of commission (Cracked in half), but that seems to be it. The only thing I don't understand is that a smaller peg-thing has popped out and does not want to go back in. I think this may be it, but I can't find any information about it.

Guitar: Godin LGXT. It has locking tuners, and I don't quite know what this raised peg-thing means. I see that they do exist on the other tuning mechanisms, but are pushed in. I hesitate to do anything as harsh as hammer it, but I would like to know if there is a way to fix it quickly, or if I should just wait and get a professional to fix it. Also, anyone who knows about locking tuners could be really helpful here.

here's a crappy picture of the damage. The peg in question is on the very right.
The "peg-thing" you speak of is the shaft that runs from the knob through the tuner. The shaft is geared in the middle to turn the tuning peg gear.
Like this -

Evidently when the tuner hit the floor it popped the shaft back out the side. You can try to tap it back in place with a hammer gently.
Try to find a small block of wood to put between the shaft and the hammer so you don't do more damage than good.
Last edited by Matt420740 at Sep 16, 2010,
It will probably pop back out, but the best quick fix is to knock it back in carefully with a hammer or rubber mallet. You will have to get a new peg though. Luckily, they are fairly inexpensive.
I have same peg which is shared here. One is in black and other one is in red colour. Red colour of peg looks very nice and I am using red peg in my singing computations.
Quote by jillyronald
I have same peg which is shared here. One is in black and other one is in red colour. Red colour of peg looks very nice and I am using red peg in my singing computations.

THAT is really awesome man.