Hi everyone.

I got a Peavey Raptor. I want to change the pickups...When i plugged in my distortion box..it sounded really heavy, so i lowered the pickups and it got a little better...I want that clean sound...what are some pickups i can look into nothing too expensive.

Here's what my guitar looks like...it's not mine..but it looks exactly like it..

http://media.photobucket.com/image/peavey%20raptor/TEX_RAGE/IMAG0169.jpg

Thanks
why dont you just not use the distortion the point of using it is to make it sound heavy and distorted
Last edited by supersac at Sep 16, 2010,
What is this "Distortion Box" you speak of? Maybe you should just cut the gain down if possible.

Peavy Raptors are single coil guitars, unless someone has installed a high output humbucker you shouldn't need a pickup with any less output.
turn off the distortion pedal maybe?
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
probably one of these

Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

I was literally just about to post that.
We've dressed up in our best...

...and are prepared to go down like gentlemen.

Quote by bogg808
The PBT is for those too TGP for the rest of UG.

or one of these

Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7

Quote by gregs1020

you might want to try buying one of these then. Stick it right after the pedal you have already and then it will be clean and heavy.

Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7

Quote by gregs1020