Page 1 of 3
Share your thoughts about it.

I can't do it without feeling pathetic, as dumb as that sounds. So I try to avoid the situation.
I ate lunch alone today. I don't know, when I was in high school it probably would have seemed a lot more pathetic, but I don't really think anything of it now at university.
You mean eating out in public / a restaurant alone, I presume?
RIP Tom Searle.
Quote by MH400
You mean eating out in public / a restaurant alone, I presume?

Yeah, in public. Or at home, even that bothers me.
Anytime I eat, I'm alone... I'll go to food courts, restaurants, etc., and I'm alone the entire time. I think nothing of it.
I'M IN THE FIGHT TO CURE CYSTIC FIBROSIS...MY LIFE DEPENDS ON IT!

Quote by JustRooster
I'm a straight man, but I'd put that surfcaster right in my mouth.

Quote by JD2k9
Well, life is like a penis.
Women make it hard.
Also, it's short but seems long when it gets hard.
Quote by Oroborous
Yeah, in public. Or at home, even that bothers me.

Really? Strange, lol.

In public you have the social pressure, so thats kind of understandable.

But at home? Odd...
RIP Tom Searle.
I assume you mean eating in restaurants. I just go eat at the bar and hope theres a cute bartender girl to flirt with. If not, then I usually watch whatever they have on TV.

DoomdEdit: ^ That is odd. Maybe TS feels like a fatty when eating alone like the people who feel like alcoholics when drinking alone.
Quote by Butt Rayge
Pretty sure Jesus was decaffeinated.

I'm just a hedonist without happiness
Last edited by doomded at Sep 16, 2010,
If I'm hungry and in a hurry, I don't care if I eat alone or with someone. If I have time to spare to sit down and enjoy a meal, it's much better enjoyed with someone else rather than by myself. Eating communally brings more satisfaction than eating alone.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
I take my laptop if the situation is likely. Then I look like I'm so busy with other shit that I cba to socialize.

Which is > loser.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

I eat alone occasionally, don't really mind it. I have to say though, there's something sad about watching someone eat alone. I'm not saying its pathetic, I'm saying that they literally look sad when they're chewing and looking thoughtful and whatnot.
Catch me,
heal me,
Lift me back up to the Sun
I choose to live
At home I always eat alone, because I am mostly the only one there at dinner time.
Quote by Firenze
I eat alone occasionally, don't really mind it. I have to say though, there's something sad about watching someone eat alone. I'm not saying its pathetic, I'm saying that they literally look sad when they're chewing and looking thoughtful and whatnot.

I often find it impossible to hate someone while they're eating. There is something remarkably "human" about it that is impossible to hate.
Quote by Guitar Sushi
I often find it impossible to hate someone while they're eating. There is something remarkably "human" about it that is impossible to hate.

What if they're eating your kittens?

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

I prefer it. Gives me time to think.
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
I think eating alone can be nice sometimes, a good time to collect your thoughts. Also, people watching is fun.
Quote by Guitar Sushi

Yeah, I know what you mean. I think it's because even your worst enemies have to eat in order to stay alive. It's a very binding common factor between living things. We all gotta eat.
Catch me,
heal me,
Lift me back up to the Sun
I choose to live
eating is a basic need but yet we've created some social construction where it has become a communal event.

there is no reason to worry about eating alone. we all need to eat. no need to be insecure about it.
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
Eating with other people is only fun if you have something to talk about or at least know each other well enough to enjoy meals together in silence. I don't like it when you are with someone and it's awkwardly silent because you have nothing to say to each other, but are forced to finish the meal together.

Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
Quote by Firenze
I have to say though, there's something sad about watching someone eat alone. I'm not saying its pathetic, I'm saying that they literally look sad when they're chewing and looking thoughtful and whatnot.

I completely agree. There's just something about it that kind of saddens me.

And I feel pathetic eating alone in public as well. I really can't explain why; it has no reflection on my social life as a whole. It's just odd.
I don't go out to restaurants alone. Never have.

Nothing against those who do, because sometimes that means another person at my table.
I hate eating out. I don't like sitting in restaurants or cafes. give me the damn burrito and I'll take it 45 minutes back to my apartment.

where I eat, drink, and smoke.

alone.

...unless someone else is paying, then I'll gladly sit and stare at them for a while.
Last edited by MakinLattes at Sep 16, 2010,
^ Do you talk to them, or just stare?
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
I don't like eating alone in a public place though. That just makes me feel alone. I'd rather just buy a nice sandwich and eat it as I walk along.
Quote by darkstar2466
^ Do you talk to them, or just stare?

I stare, and cover my mouth while eating.

if it's just one person, I will engage in conversation if prompted. or, we eat as fast as humanly possible and go somewhere else to shoot the shit.
I ate alone today at my university campus. I think it's easier to do in that kind of environment because there are plenty of people eating alone in the campus cafes as well. Usually they have their laptops or books out so they can review their notes, which is what I did. I might bring my laptop next time; that seems more fun.
"The rule of law -- it must be held high! And if it falls you pick it up and hold it even higher!" - Hercule Poirot

© Soul Power
Last edited by Soul Power at Sep 16, 2010,
In high school it would have been kind of depressing to eat alone. At university I didn't really care since everyone has vastly different schedules and a lot of times there wasn't anyone to go to lunch/dinner with.

I wouldn't go to a restaurant alone. At least not to anything classier than a McDonalds. Eating alone at a fast food place doesn't seem too strange.
I eat in public, and I eat alone.

****ing eat, its a primary function for you to survive
There's no time to get all self conscious about it. You want change, just go out once im a while and eat around people to feel 'noticed', or at least for yourself to go out once in a while.

Im pretty stoned so I may be ranting, yada yada yada, magna carta, magnus Parker, epsilon, Delta miner. Beeeeeeep.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
I used to eat alone when I refused to hang out with people. Now, I rarely eat alone. I don't mind it at all, cause I usually bring my cell phone so I usually have someone to talk to. Plus, when I do eat alone, I usually invite someone else who is alone to come sit with me.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Eating alone in public is just kinda pathetic/embarrassing to me. I've never seen anyone eating alone in public that looked like they were in a good mood. Kind of a "**** I couldn't find anyone to have lunch with" type of thing. Eating in my house alone is fine, but in public it's just...weird.
Quote by Snuffles
You are an absolute god, offspring_punk

Quote by drop-dead666
You're a retard, read Scourges posts. There is already a system folder, why do I need a system32.
In public i prefer to not alone, or even drink alone

At home i don't mind it, but i wouldn't go to a restaurant and order like a lobster and just tuck in on my own

I know some people can, just not me. Same with the cinema, i'd never go alone there either.
You Dont Know Me

I have 10 Anarchy Points - I also have 8 Mythology points!

Peavey Generation EXP Custom White
Yamaha 120S Black
Korg AX5G
Digitech Whammy
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Boss OS2

Quote by mrfinkle213
This man has brains.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Banned for indirect reference.
I don't mind doing it at home but I don't really like doing it in public, I don't even like being alone in public, lots of people scares me.
I hate eating alone at places too, it just makes me feel like a loser, but whenever i feel other people eating alone I usually feel sorry for them, especially old people
Quote by jibran
I go to the pit only to just look at your creepy perverted username.

My Tumblr
Quote by darkstar2466
Eating with other people is only fun if you have something to talk about or at least know each other well enough to enjoy meals together in silence. I don't like it when you are with someone and it's awkwardly silent because you have nothing to say to each other, but are forced to finish the meal together.

this a thousand times this!
I really dont mind it, I like to do my own thing, but the next day I'll be quite happy to head down and get a pub lunch with the hombres, it doesn't bother me either way.
'Always outnumbed, never outgunned'
PSN + XBL: Jimsworthy

Charvel So-Cal ProMod Black
Ibanez RG350Dx W/ Duncans
Blackstar HT Stage 100
ASshdown 4x12
Morley George Lynch Dragon Wah II
Quote by Oroborous
Share your thoughts about it.

I can't do it without feeling pathetic, as dumb as that sounds. So I try to avoid the situation.

Try eating something that you really, really like, something that you really don't want to share with anyone else.
Now you can eat on your own with the smug satisfaction of having it all to yourself.
Quote by Thrill-house
It doesn't matter to me, if I'm hungry then I eat. I don't get the big deal about eating alone.

Agreed, infact I quite enjoy it whenever I get the chance to eat alone. You can be as messy as you want, fart and belch to your heart's content, watch whatever TV program you want to as you eat, you can even get the dog to lick your plate and cooking utensils clean before putting them back in the cupboard, alieviating the need to wash up after yourself... and no one will ever know because you were all alone.
Last edited by SlackerBabbath at Sep 16, 2010,
Page 1 of 3