Hey all, I'm interested in writing/recording some music along the lines of progressive or post-metal. Stuff anywhere between Gojira, Isis, Mouth of the Architect, Russian Circles, etc. I'm also comfortable heading a post-rockish direction like Explosions in the Sky or Mogwai.

I'm a strong lead guitarist. I'm currently going to college in Worcester Mass, though I'm very likely going to be transferring to a school in Chicago next year, so something temporary in Worcester or something more permanent in Chicago would be great.

I'm also up for online collaboration. I have full recording capabilities and I use GP6 to write/share ideas. I have a massive amount of incomplete material that I think needs another pair of ears to help develop.

My email is only.he.stands.here@gmail.com. Feel free to contact me.
Don your antithesis spectacle, your backwards monocle, and traipse forward to victory.
Nobody? Not even for some online collaboration? You guys always seem enthusiastic about online collaboration. Nuts.
Don your antithesis spectacle, your backwards monocle, and traipse forward to victory.
Hey man I'm living near Chicago right now and I play rhythm. Love Gojira and Isis but also more into anything by Devin Townsend, Mastodon, Baroness, etc... Working on getting a tube amp but have a 75W Vypyr right now great for recording. Also I have a license to Reaper although I'm still trying to learn how to use it. Only thing is we will have to come up with a tuning because I really enjoy playing in Open C which is not to common. Let me know what you think.

-Ben
Last edited by ander106 at Sep 21, 2010,
Awesome. Any drummers or bassists in Chicago? Vocalists? (Bump!)
I'm a vocalist, but no where near chicago, and I scream more towards a Phil Anselmo/Randy Bythe kind of thing. So I'd be down for an online collaboration. I'll post a sample of my first full song in a little bit.
Bump.

I'm a drummer near Chicago. I've been playing single pedal for a good 3 years, and am working on getting a double pedal/second bass drum soon. I'd be up for meetings, etc. but they would have to be close-ish because i'm an hour's drive from Chicago. Perhaps a meeting in Naperville, or somewhere around there could happen.

Message me if interested in talking something out.
Hey man I'm always up for collaboration. I live in south bend(not far from chicago, but still) so it would prolly be more of an online thing. I've been looking to start a kind of industrial metalish type project, but really i just want to make music. I play a bunch of instruments in a ton of styles, but am looking to work more with synthesizing. Let me know if you're ever interested.
I could maybe collaborate with you on drums for 1 or 2 songs, but if you are one of those guys that wants a studio quality recording or whatever then forget it. This is just something for me to do for fun.