whats the main differences between an Epi LP standard and an Epi LP custom?

thanks.
the standard replicates a gibson les paul standard in style

the custom replicates a gibson les paul custom in style

i believe the specs on the epiphone are the same, but dont hold me to this
ESP Eclipse I CTM FR (KGC BRASS BLOCK + IronGear Blues Engine + Dirty Torque + BCS Wiring Kit
Jet City Fusion

Blackstar S1-104 EL34

Engl Standard 4x12 (V60's)

Korg PitchBlack
ZCAT Delay-Reverb
Snarling Dogs Whine-O-Wah
They're exactly the same except for the colour of the paint and the colour of the hardware. Those are literally the only differences.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
sweet. cheers for that info. i thought as much but just wanted to be sure. i think ive found my new guitar.
Quote by MrFlibble
They're exactly the same except for the colour of the paint and the colour of the hardware. Those are literally the only differences.

this - the quality is the same, the species of the wood is the same - with the epiphone les paul custom you're just paying more for comsetics - fancier binding and more of it, gold coloured hardware which quickly wears down to a dull greyish colour anyway (although i actually like it better when it's worn down), and different inlays. nothing there to make it any better than the standard as far as a working guitar goes.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Quote by Blompcube
this - the quality is the same, the species of the wood is the same - with the epiphone les paul custom you're just paying more for comsetics - fancier binding and more of it, gold coloured hardware which quickly wears down to a dull greyish colour anyway (although i actually like it better when it's worn down), and different inlays. nothing there to make it any better than the standard as far as a working guitar goes.

+1. They just look better, IMO.
***Guitars***
Epiphone Les Paul Custom AP (w/ 2 Seymour Duncans)
Jackson Dx10D Dinky (w/ DiMarzio PAF Bridge)
Epihpone Hummingbird

***Amps***
Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 100 (Voodoo Modified)
Custom 4x12 Halfstack (w/ Veteran 30's)
well.... theyre supposed to look better
i dont think they do, especially compared to the plus tops