Finally, after waiting for 5 months since I ordered it, it's come home! And it's come with a nice surprise!

Here it is, a brand new Fender American Standard Telecaster!

Full body shot

Body close up

Full back shot

I'm sorry the quality of the photos isn't the best, but my camera is quite old . It's MUCH more beautiful in person.

I've been in love with Teles since I was a child, but this is my first one, and damn, it's good!
It's not your typical Am. Standard Tele, it's got a few tweaks that make it much more special:
- 2-Tone sunburst finish, instead of the typical 3-tone
- Ash body, instead of alder
- DiMarzio pickups: Chopper T (bridge) and Twang King (neck)
And the nice surprise; when mounting the new pickups, I saw that the body number didn't match with an Am. Standard... it's an Am. Deluxe!

And well, as a fast review, I can only say I'm VERY pleased with it. The guitar came stock completely flawless. As soon as I made sure everything was correct, I installed the pickups and strung it with a set of D'Addario 11's as I always do.
After playing around a bit with my tweed Blues Jr. and after that with the POD XT, I've yet to find a tone I don't like.
The Chopper T isn't as hot as I expected (I'd even say the stock single coil was hotter), but it's definitely more of my taste: much more clear sounding, with emphasis on the mids and of course, noiseless (which is a big improvement from my other guitar, a MIM 60's Strat xD). What I also like about it is that it still retains quite a lot of that typical Tele twang when wanted, and that it's much easier to control it.
The Twang King is, simply put, one of the best Tele singles I've ever had the chance to play. A BIG improvement over the stock one. It handles everything you throw at it, with very few to no noise, and it simply sings: it's VERY articulate and dynamic, and it cleans up very nicely (which is great since I'm a 1-channel amp man).

The only thing I'd have liked different is the neck profile; if it had been slightly thicker it would've been exactly my dream Tele, but it's still very comfortable as it is.

Well, as you can see I'm still on my honeymoon with it, but I seriously can't see me parting ways with it ever; it does everything I want even better than I expected, and I also paid quite a bit less than I should have for what it is!

EDIT: Sorry for the slightly big pics
- Fender American Standard Ash Telecaster w/ DiMarzio Chopper T & Twang King
- Alhambra 5P
- Laney Lionheart L5T-112
- Line 6 POD XT
- Suhr Shiba Drive
- MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay
- Dunlop Cry Baby
Last edited by Mahoru at Sep 16, 2010,
Nice! What color is your 60's Strat? We need a pic of the two together!
Quote by deluthe
Nice! What color is your 60's Strat? We need a pic of the two together!

I wanted it to be like the typical 60's strat, rosewood fretboard & 3-tone sunburst. Yeah, my guitars are siblings . Now I wish I got the Strat on white, but it's a bit too late :P
I'll take a pic of both later if I have time!
- Fender American Standard Ash Telecaster w/ DiMarzio Chopper T & Twang King
- Alhambra 5P
- Laney Lionheart L5T-112
- Line 6 POD XT
- Suhr Shiba Drive
- MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay
- Dunlop Cry Baby
No one does a tobacco fade like Fender. Awesome guitar, man.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
^^ but they can do one better XD haha not nessicarily better, just different awesome tele!
I'm up for building you a pedal.
(Or modding nearly anything moddable)
(PM Me.)
Nice! Always loved telecasters. That is a nice one too.
***Guitars***
Epiphone Les Paul Custom AP (w/ 2 Seymour Duncans)
Jackson Dx10D Dinky (w/ DiMarzio PAF Bridge)
Epihpone Hummingbird

***Amps***
Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 100 (Voodoo Modified)
Custom 4x12 Halfstack (w/ Veteran 30's)