Been watching these and see that they just came out. Went to youtube to see if there are any sound clips on them yet and there is only one video. Not a great one but gives a little sample of the tone these put out. They are in Tele's, Strat's and Jags. Two humbuckers instead of single coils and selling around $400.

THE FENDER BLACKTOPS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMu_5vmeIXg

ESP LTD RZK-600
4 Custom Strats
1 Custom Soloist (Warmoth)
1 Custom Telecaster (Warmoth)
2007 Jimmie Vaughan Sig Strat

Callaham Hardware & Bridges
Fender Custom Shop 69's
Dimarzio Breed Pickups

Blues Junior Amp
BlackStar HT Club 40 Amp
Last edited by JohnnyNash at Sep 16, 2010,
Without knowing anything other than the amp used I can't really make any determinations of the sound, however it does sound good and that guy RIPS.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
you can't say they aren't trying...
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
That's the third thread or so on these.

They seem nice, but I wonder how much quality you can expect for the price. If the hardware/woods/general construction are decent, I'd get one and swap the pups. Humbucker-sized P90 in the neck, humbucker in the bridge. Yum.
Sorry, didn't know there was already a thread, hadn't seen the others. Had just seen these when Fender sent me an email this past weekend. For the price I would guess it is a MIM but haven't heard one way or the other yet. But I also have yet to find a bad MIM that wasn't fine after upgrades on the hardware and pup's.

ESP LTD RZK-600
4 Custom Strats
1 Custom Soloist (Warmoth)
1 Custom Telecaster (Warmoth)
2007 Jimmie Vaughan Sig Strat

Callaham Hardware & Bridges
Fender Custom Shop 69's
Dimarzio Breed Pickups

Blues Junior Amp
BlackStar HT Club 40 Amp
Wow, I was expecting it to sound decent at the least, considering the price, but man that thing sounds awesome! Can't wait to try one of these.
Quote by Kensai
Hipster.

I have a name. It is Mitch.