Pretty self explanatory. When listening to your songs on iTunes/iPods do you make sure that you finish a song if you've listened to most of it, or will you click skip as soon as the outro starts.

It matters for me. If I listen to at least 3/4 of awing I'll have to finish it because I know that I've basically listened to it. I like to know how many times I've listens to each song, and sometimes I go as far as skipping straight to the end of a track to make up for listening to it on a cd.

So pit, am I strange or does it matter to some of you guys too?
Quote by Hergiswi

Once I fucked a mountain gorilla and it couldn't even tell me it loved me afterward.
Quote by spanishyanez
Mental you get my vote for making me laugh for more than 3 minutes
When i get a new album, when i skip songs i fast forward them to make it an even count. Don't know why though, guess i'm a creature of habit.
Quote by uk.mace
This man is smart.

Quote by guitar-guy69
you spelt colors wrong

Tweet me bro.
I don't like the feeling of having a bunch of songs with "times listened to: 0" on my Ipod.
So yes, I do that too sometimes.
Nah. I listen to what I feel like listening to, I don't need a counter to show me how much I like a particular song.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
I don't think there are many things care less about. I don't generally listen to a song until the end anyway (usually skip once it starts to fade out)
Appreciating Metal since 1998

R.I.P - Ronnie James Dio

1942-2010
Get Winamp, change it to count it when a song's played for a certain percentage i.e. 75%, therefore you can skip the outro and it'll still count it.
I do skip songs 'till the end for play count, also with new albums. So basically you're not THAT neurotic, although the people in the Pit aren't exactly the people I would reflect my life upon
Sometimes if it's a very long song like octavarium and there's only 1 or 2 minuets left of it yet I have to turn it off. Most of the time it doesn't bother me though.
I do, but just because it bothers me not to. The actual number doesn't matter, but if I listen to all of the song except the last 10 seconds, that is still considered listening to the song, in my mind anyway.
All of our days are numbered
I’ve taken some comfort
In knowing the wave has crested
Knowing I don’t have to be an exception
Quote by InfiniteRain
I do, but just because it bothers me not to. The actual number doesn't matter, but if I listen to all of the song except the last 10 seconds, that is still considered listening to the song, in my mind anyway.

This is what I meant. Once it passes a certain point I feel as though I've listened to it so I feel the number should reflect it.
Quote by Hergiswi

Once I fucked a mountain gorilla and it couldn't even tell me it loved me afterward.
Quote by spanishyanez
Mental you get my vote for making me laugh for more than 3 minutes
Can't say I really do that. I may have done that way back when, but not anymore. I just stop and go to another song if I don't wanna listen to it. Can't say it bothers me. I feel like most people that care about their playcount are probably those who want to impress others with their taste in music.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Quote by josh999x
Sometimes if it's a very long song like octavarium and there's only 1 or 2 minuets left of it yet I have to turn it off. Most of the time it doesn't bother me though.

This is definitely the frustrating part for me as well. Listening to long songs like that and then having to skip just a minute or two.
I don't use I tunes and if I did, I wouldn't care for that. Seriously, what's the point of that counter? It reminds me of that gauge on a mini cooper convertible that measures the time you spent driving with the top down.
The play count is useful for me because I know if I listened to it all or I gave it above a 3 star rating I liked it and will usually listen to it again.
I like using play counts, because if there's an album that I can't get into, I'll listen to the songs with low counts. I think it helps in making sure that I broaden my tastes instead of listening to the same stuff over and over.
I often skip songs after the 1 minute mark because I realise I'm not in the mood for that kind of music. But I always feel bad, as if I've personally offended the song or something.
🙈 🙉 🙊
I hit PLAY, get what I want out of it, and move on to the next song. Sometimes, I just wanna hear the chorus or some other part of a song, and I'll skip back to it over and over.

I'm not the artsy, "let's interpret the music" type.
Quote by entity0009
I often skip songs after the 1 minute mark because I realise I'm not in the mood for that kind of music. But I always feel bad, as if I've personally offended the song or something.

Hahaha yea, this.
Hahaha I thought it was just me who did this. SOmetimes i just cba to listen to the outro but if the song is good I will fast forward to the last few seconds so it goes up on my play count...
I analyse most new music I get.. so I listen to the whole thing, then listen to it again, skipping back after an exceptionally good line or a really cool part.. but to itunes that only counts as 1-2 plays, even if I just spent 40 minutes on the last song..

On another interesting note, I reinstalled windows on my hard-drive recently, and since then I've only had itunes on shuffle.. but oddly some songs now have 30 plays and others only have one or two. I know it's random.. but that's a little silly.
Yes, if you don't have at least 100 listens on each song on an album, you're not a true fan of the band.
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
Quote by lushacrous
Nah. I listen to what I feel like listening to, I don't need a counter to show me how much I like a particular song.

This, but I did go through a phase where I had to finish every song.
Wait.

Roger Waters - 12th May!
Well it used to to me, but I've left Planet Caravan - Pantera on repeat many a time while stoned and fall asleep to it, so it's been played like 650 times, .
❝Don't be afraid of death, but of an inadequate life❞
Bertolt Bretcht

I have got so paranoid about what I listen to since I got Last.fm.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Quote by Azwethinkwedo
it used to.. like id fix it for songs that i listen to loads.. but the play count says a big fat 0 because theres 37 minutes of silence on the end.

You can edit the end time on options in iTunes, so you can cut off annoying outros of feedback and random noise, and crowd noises and annoying banter on live tracks.

Or just skip to the end.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Quote by bulldozerbob
Get Winamp, change it to count it when a song's played for a certain percentage i.e. 75%, therefore you can skip the outro and it'll still count it.

Last.fm does this, and keeps track of everything. And I use Spotify for all of my music nowadays.
I don't display my play count, because I don't care. I don't, however, like to end a song prematurely.

DON'T PANIC! DON'T PANIC!
THEY DON'T LIKE IT UP 'EM!