Page 1 of 6
The Catholic Church never fails to amaze me.
"If God exists, there's no way he is French" - Andrea Pirlo

S A D B O Y S

Yes... the Rebel Alliance is a tyrannical institution of traitors, and must be stopped!

Err... Atheists, I meant.
Last edited by CoreysMonster at Sep 16, 2010,
Whyyy can't the pope and his clergymen stop embarassing themselves?

ლ(ಠ_ಠ ლ
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
I bet he thinks having sex with children is a normal behavior.
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
I wish I had a dick like a black guy instead of my little white dick.

Quote by JoelTheShredder
i love you more than words can express jean.

I saw Rick Astley in Quebec City, on April 10th 2009. Best day of my life!
Well to be fair "extremists" of any kind could be compared to NAZIS. However I have no idea what extremists he was referring to. Is being an atheist extremism in his eyes?
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Yeah he should know all about Nazis, its not every pope that can say they were in the Hitler Youth
Appreciating Metal since 1998

R.I.P - Ronnie James Dio

1942-2010
Maybe it's wrong, but I find it hard to take this seriously.

It doesn't affect atheists in any way. It's not like christians are gonna start attacking atheists in the street and stabbing them with crosses.

There are of course extremist atheists, but not every atheist is an extremist. "Extremist" makes me think of someone who burns churches or something.
Last edited by sashki at Sep 16, 2010,
Quote by sashki

It doesn't affect atheists in any way. It's not like christians are gonna start attacking atheists in the street and stabbing them with crosses.

...or WILL they?
Quote by CoreysMonster
...or WILL they?

Although christianity is the majority religion in the UK (about 43%, if I recall correctly), the second largest group is atheists.

Besides, atheists have THE POWER OF SCIENCE

LET THE WARS BEGIN
I know people like Richard Dawkins can be a dick, but a Nazi? That's just stupid. Also as he is comparing them to Nazi's doesn't that mean his point is invalid?
Quote by uk.mace
This man is smart.

Quote by guitar-guy69
you spelt colors wrong

Tweet me bro.
Can't people just belive what the hell they want?!

I am Christian, but I don't ****ing give a shit wether someone else is or not. Furthermore, science is awesome!
ERROR 0x45: Signature not found
Last edited by sfaune92 at Sep 16, 2010,
Quote by sfaune92
Can't people just belive what the hell they want?!

I am Christian, but I don't ****ing give a shit wether someone else is or not.

Then you are an example to all Christians, sadly you are a rare breed

R.I.P - Ronnie James Dio

1942-2010
Quote by sashki

There are of course extremist atheists, but not every atheist is an extremist. "Extremist" makes me think of someone who burns churches or something.

There is no such thing as an 'extremist atheist'. You can't be 'extreme' about something that only means 'someone who dosn't believe in god'. Would you say 'I really really really don't believe in god' and therefore that's more extreme? Makes no sense
Quote by Zoot Allures
There is no such thing as an 'extremist atheist'. You can't be 'extreme' about something that only means 'someone who dosn't believe in god'. Would you say 'I really really really don't believe in god' and therefore that's more extreme? Makes no sense

Maybe he meant EXTREME Atheists.

You know, snowboarders, sky divers, things like that.
Quote by Zoot Allures

This man speaks the truth.
Quote by uk.mace
This man is smart.

Quote by guitar-guy69
you spelt colors wrong

Tweet me bro.
That's odd, I seem to remember the Catholic Church being quite cozy with the Nazis during WWII. Maybe that's because Hitler was a Catholic and went to a Catholic school.

I'm sick of all this bullshit about the Pope's visit and the endless attacks on "miltitant atheists and die-hard secularists". Fuck the Pope and his bullshit. He makes hugely insulting comments and nobody bats a fucking eyelid.
Is it still a God Complex if I really am God?

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
Quote by Meths
That's odd, I seem to remember the Catholic Church being quite cozy with the Nazis during WWII. Maybe that's because Hitler was a Catholic and went to a Catholic school.

I'm sick of all this bullshit about the Pope's visit and the endless attacks on "miltitant atheists and die-hard secularists". Fuck the Pope and his bullshit. He makes hugely insulting comments and nobody bats a fucking eyelid.

But he's liek head of teh catholic church and speakz teh truthz or sumthing.

Quote by Zoot Allures

If an individual or group began to attack religious institutions and the peoples of a religion due solely to their belief in god would that not be an atheist extremist? Don't know if that has happened but it is within the realm of possibility.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by sashki
Although christianity is the majority religion in the UK (about 43%, if I recall correctly), the second largest group is atheists.

Besides, atheists have THE POWER OF SCIENCE

LET THE WARS BEGIN

id love an episode of robot wars between atheists and catholics
now extra flamey
Quote by Jackal58
If an individual or group began to attack religious institutions and the peoples of a religion due solely to their belief in god would that not be an atheist extremist? Don't know if that has happened but it is within the realm of possibility.

Pretty sure that would make those people Agnostic rather than simply Atheist. Active opposition to a religion isn't what Atheists are about

R.I.P - Ronnie James Dio

1942-2010
Quote by Jackal58

No because they wouldn't be doing the bad stuff because of their atheism. Not believing in god won't make you do anything other than not believing in god.

Stalin for instance was an evil man, he wasn't an evil man because of his atheism though.
Last edited by Zoot Allures at Sep 16, 2010,
Quote by Alive@myfuneral
Pretty sure that would make those people Agnostic rather than simply Atheist. Active opposition to a religion isn't what Atheists are about

That's the worst interpretation of the word "agnostic" that I've ever seen.

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
Quote by Ikey

id love an episode of robot wars between atheists and catholics

Word. Even though it would be the most incredibly one sided ass beating the planet has ever witnessed, considering the Atheists bring out some insane hunk of steel capable of mauling a ****ing bear, and the Catholic's wheel out a Tyco RC car with a cross attached to the top.
Quote by Zeppelin71
Umm. . .uh. . .your mom touched sjones' dick. YOUR MOM TOUCHED OUR GUITARISTS GENITALS IN A CAMPER AT A BIKER FESTIVAL! truth.
Quote by Meths
That's the worst interpretation of the word "agnostic" that I've ever seen.

Not everyone uses it in the same way, i personally use it to refer to people who are 'anti-religious' rather than people who simply don't have a belief

R.I.P - Ronnie James Dio

1942-2010
atheists are tools, but religious people are even bigger tools. neither is comparable to nazism though.
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
Quote by Alive@myfuneral
Not everyone uses it in the same way, i personally use it to refer to people who are 'anti-religious' rather than people who simply don't have a belief

I can personally use the word "banana" to refer to people who play professional football rather than the yellow fruit. That doesn't mean it's not totally retarded, an improper usage of the word and just plain stupid.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/agnostic

Oscar Wilde
Quote by Zoot Allures
Not believing in god dosn't make someone a tool automatically.

not believing in god =/= atheism. Atheists claim to be 100% sure that there is no god, which is a silly thing to say.
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
So, the defender of pedophiles gives life lessons, huh? Weren't they supposed to arrest him or something?

Quote by the bartender
Atheists claim to be 100% sure that there is no god, which is a silly thing to say.

Few atheists make that claim and mean it as such.
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
Last edited by Mad Marius at Sep 16, 2010,
Quote by the bartender
not believing in god =/= atheism. Atheists claim to be 100% sure that there is no god, which is a silly thing to say.

semantics tbh, most atheists will agree that there is a small chance of God existing since you can't be 100% sure of anything. It's up there with 'we can't be 100% sure this isn't all a big dream' though. For the sake of not saying all that, it's easier to say 'i'm an atheist'
Quote by Zoot Allures

Of course you can be an extremist antheist. I know people who actually believe that all forms of religion should be outlawed, and they genuinely hate religious people. How is that not extreme? You might say they'd be more accurately described as extremely anti-theist.

But then 'extreme Christians' would have to become 'extreme pro-Christian, anti-all-people-with-other-belief-systemses', since just really really really believing that Jesus is your saviour isn't extreme.
Quote by Zoot Allures
semantics tbh, most atheists will agree that there is a small chance of God existing since you can't be 100% sure of anything. It's up there with 'we can't be 100% sure this isn't all a big dream' though. For the sake of not saying all that, it's easier to say 'i'm an atheist'

Sounds more like atheistic agnosticism or something like that. It's just splitting hairs, though.
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████