Do pre-amp tubes glow as bright as power tubes?

I'm looking inside my Marshall AVT right now (a S***** hybrid with a single preamp tube) and the tube isn't glowing at all, even when I crank it all the way up.

Is this just because it's a single tube?
Agile Interceptor Pro 725 EB EMG
Gibson LP Future Tribute
G12T-75 4x12 Avatar
Krank Nineteen80-watt
Koch Loadbox
RMC4

Soundcloud
Quote by Funk Monk
Do pre-amp tubes glow as bright as power tubes?

I'm looking inside my Marshall AVT right now (a S***** hybrid with a single preamp tube) and the tube isn't glowing at all, even when I crank it all the way up.

Is this just because it's a single tube?

There is no real rule to tubes glowing. Its a byproduct of their function, and really doesn't mean anything. Don't read into it too much, if the amp works its fine.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
hmm, that would tie in with what my ears were telling me when i had one...

also, inb4 blackstarshenanigans.

will try to think of more one liners and cheap shots. stay tuned.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?