so i got a hamer the other day, the californian 27 fret. it's a great guitar, only down side to it is how heavy it is and the heel on the guitar. it has that fender strat sort of heel on it and it's a pain in the ass to reach the 27th fret. is there any way for that part to be shaved away and make it have sort of a ibanez heel?
don't quote me, but i'm sure a luthier could do it. problems are (i assume) that it's going to cost you, and it'll devalue it...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
no idea. I'm guessing it'll cost a bit, i mean to make it look half professional at all it's going to have to be refinished etc., presumably. maybe even need to reposition some of the neck screws.

I'm not sure it's worth it, kind of thing.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
none of the neck screws need to be repositioned, just the neck is getting shaved not the heel on the body. just the heel on the neck.
on the neck?
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Clamp it in a workmate and take a belt sander to it. Seriously. Remember to work down to fine grits and hand sanding.
Water which is too pure has no fish - Ts'ai Ken T'an
I had that same guitar (I think literally the same guitar... yellow DiMarzios right?) and I'll admit that I had some issues reaching the 27th fret. It takes some getting used to but you just have to figure out how to re-anchor your left thumb.

More often than not, I found myself using my pinky on the upper frets anyway, so repositioning my whole hand wasn't that big of an issue.
Ibanez RGA121 | ESP LTD H-1000
Axe-FX Standard
Quote by DrNick
I had that same guitar (I think literally the same guitar... yellow DiMarzios right?) and I'll admit that I had some issues reaching the 27th fret. It takes some getting used to but you just have to figure out how to re-anchor your left thumb.

More often than not, I found myself using my pinky on the upper frets anyway, so repositioning my whole hand wasn't that big of an issue.

lol yeah..... that heel is pissing me off, didnt you say you had a guy that does guitar work? i have'nt actually done this before on a guitar so i wont try it.