I was in ToK class (Theory of Knowledge) and we were talking about what makes a person productive to scociety and what makes a person "ideal" to their society.

It got me thinking, if you had complete control over what the education system would teach how would YOU mold the IDEAL person for your society?

How would you define your "Ideal" individual? What skills would your society hold in high regard? How would you create that individual? What would you teach him and why? How would you teach him? Is there evidence that the subjects you would teach your individual really work?

Does every society hold believe that the same skills are needed? i.e. A society native to Long Ikang, Miri won't really hold economics ability as high as leadership skills or something.

We had loads of conflicting opinions in class so if someone else has a different idea that you disagree with no over the top arguments please.
I own an Ibanez J-Custom

I am Guitarnoob_100. Say hey

PSN: Whiski_Guy
Xbox Live: Chris2194

Steam: Galiathslay
Oh God, how I hate TOK. Biggest waste of time in my life. But I shall state my opinion anyway, because I never had that opportunity in class:

Although there are skills that everyone should know, I don't think there is a single "ideal" individual. Every person is different and more apt in different situations. A perfect system of education teaches the students to make the most of their abilities, and to be independent.

I'd say independence is pretty important.
a society needs diversity to continue to exist. Even if an so called 'ideal' individual exists, he will have the best accomplishments if supported by others who provide him or her in services he or she can't provide his- or herself.

these are my thoughts
[quote="'-[NiL"]-']One does want a hint of color.

Care to elaborate?
I own an Ibanez J-Custom

Hitler
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.

Be him.
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
Everybodies ideal person would be exactly like themselves, minus whatever they think are their flaws.

I'm willing to bet this'll be true for every post in this thread.
The ideal individual is somebody who's perfect at EVERYTHING (except not being perfect), and has no flaws and hates no one.
Quote by blackflag49
Condoms, for all the copious amounts of pussy with which you will be inevitably bombarded from this moment onward.

There is no such thing as an "ideal" person. You've been lied to.
I think making the best of their talents is the best thing you could do.
I've gotten a lot of LOLs in my time but I choose not to sig them to not look like a pretentious douchebag

The ideal person I think... Willing to accept people regardless of their flaws. Doesn't try to change them, but if they have counter productive tendencies will work with them to modify their behavior.. They support the people they care about through the hardest times in their lives. They will love you unconditionally and never abandon you. However they won't let you drag them down either.. God I miss her...
Quote by Owenlee55
Well, my penis smells of fecieas and my anus smells of semen...
That's a horrible topic to discuss.

Society's expections of you as a person should be irrelevant to you and what you intend to do with your life.

"Culture is not your friend. Culture is for other people's convenience, the convenience of other institutions, churches, companies, tax collectors, it is not your friend. It insults you; it disempowers you and uses and abuses you... culture is a perversion, it makes fetishes out of objects, creates consumer mania, creates endless forms of false happiness... invites people to diminish themselves and dehumanize themselves by behaving like machines."

-Terrence McKenna
"The future's uncertain, and The End is always near."
-Jim Morrison
Quote by SlinkyBlue
That's a horrible topic to discuss.

Society's expections of you as a person should be irrelevant to you and what you intend to do with your life.

"Culture is not your friend. Culture is for other people's convenience, the convenience of other institutions, churches, companies, tax collectors, it is not your friend. It insults you; it disempowers you and uses and abuses you... culture is a perversion, it makes fetishes out of objects, creates consumer mania, creates endless forms of false happiness... invites people to diminish themselves and dehumanize themselves by behaving like machines."

-Terrence McKenna

I think that's my new favorite quote.
The ideal person would have been raised from a young age to understand english, logic, and why they must always question their surroundings. The person would watch videos in class as a child and learn about all of the different professions in the world. As the person reached their teens, his/her jr. high classes were only a matter of hours, and continued his understanding of logic, english, and skepticism with more advanced levels of math and history. His/her school would also evolve to give him/her opportunities to meet tutors/sources that would nurture their desire to learn. He also began learning about the body, food/drugs' effects on the body, and personal fitness. This may sound like a lot, but he learned it for 7 years through high school, which was heavily laced with internships to gain experience with different professions.

When he went to college he knew what he wanted to be, and learned about the industry of his choice.
This is why I don't like arguing on the internet.
Quote by damian_91
If only you could back that statement up.
Quote by Zombee
Wolfgang's Philadelphia Study. Look it up yourself.
Quote by damian_91
No need to, absurd generalizations aren't my thing.
The person who is most useful to society is the person who is the biggest tool. I don't think of myself as just a piece of society, a brick in the wall, a cog in the machine if you will.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
There's some interesting stuff here. Is there anyone who actually thinks there is an ideal person?
I own an Ibanez J-Custom

Quote by guitarnoob_100
There's some interesting stuff here. Is there anyone who actually thinks there is an ideal person?

Hitler
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.