right now i have a Peavey Vypyr 15W and i looking for somthing that sounds better and can play anything from classic rock to death metal two amps ive been looking at are these http://www.guitarcenter.com/Orange-Amplifiers-Crush-PiX-Series-CR35LDX-35W-1x8-Guitar-Combo-Amp-424057-i1568694.gc and this one http://www.guitarcenter.com/Roland-Cube-30X-Amp-with-COSM-104132931-i1169244.gc and i dont want to spend more then $300
COOLEST GUITAR EVER!
Peavey: Vypyr 15W
ESP: H-1001
Guitar Rig 5 with Kontrol
Eleven rack
Fender blues Jr III
Gibson Les Paul Studio Pro
Daredevil 77 IC Op-Amp Fuzz
Save your money - those amps will be different, but neither of them will be THAT much of an upgrade.
Ibanez RGA121 | ESP LTD H-1000
Axe-FX Standard
Neither of these is an upgrade. They're louder, but I'd rather have your Vypyr than either of the two you linked to.

What music do you play? Do you need the amp for band use?

EDIT: You can go for a used Peavey Classic 30 and boost it for metal or maybe look into a Bugera V22 and boost that. A used Flextone III would also work.

It all depends on what tones you need the most. Also, if your priority is on high gain and you don't want to buy a used amp, keep on saving.
Last edited by TheQuailman at Sep 16, 2010,
in my opinion a good amp for your needs is the vypyr and those 2 choices are actually much worse for what you're looking for.
id say just upgrade your vypyr to the 30 watt..its got a lot more sounds than the 15..and it gets pretty loud too
Yeah honestly I would just upgrade your Vypyr to a bigger wattage. They don't sound bad at all for what your trying to do.
Agile Interceptor Pro 725 EB EMG
Gibson LP Future Tribute
G12T-75 4x12 Avatar
Krank Nineteen80-watt
Koch Loadbox
RMC4

Soundcloud
I used to have a peavey classic 30, and it doesn't really pull of metal that well... even with a boost...

However, I got my Peavey XXX for 350 from a pawn shop, so maybe if you look around craigslist and local pawn shops you can find something decent used.... maybe try and sell your vypyr for a little extra to throw in.
Gear:
2003 Fender Standard Strat w/ Texas Specials
2010 EBMM BFR JP6
2012 Babicz Identity Dreadnaught
2015 Gibson Les Paul Traditional SR
Line 6 POD HD500
Peavey XXX 112
Fender Blues Jr
The Jet City amp is pretty decent in its own right but it DOES have drawbacks. It's a single channel amp, would likely need a boost to get really high gain/death metal, etc.

Try it and see if you could live with those disadvantages. If you need the versatility, then really, just save your money.
Ibanez RGA121 | ESP LTD H-1000
Axe-FX Standard
how much do you guys think i need to spend to get a amp thats a lot bet then my peavey?
COOLEST GUITAR EVER!
Peavey: Vypyr 15W
ESP: H-1001
Guitar Rig 5 with Kontrol
Eleven rack
Fender blues Jr III
Gibson Les Paul Studio Pro
Daredevil 77 IC Op-Amp Fuzz
Quote by NIN1993
how much do you guys think i need to spend to get a amp thats a lot bet then my peavey?

Depending on area, pricing, luck and all the other stuff, between 400 and infinite.

I got a Peavey Ultra for $250. Then I had to buy a cab.

Still, if you can, get an Ultra. It's awesome for high gain (it's actually an early version of the XXX.) and has quite useable cleans, especially for being high gain. It's no fender, though, if you get what I mean.
Quote by Todd Hart
Shooting your friends with a real gun is a definite faux pas.

Quote by mystical_1
Professor Plum in the Studio with a new Amp

Quote by snipelfritz
If only I were the only one at home right now. I don't need my parents asking who Mr. Wiggles is.