I notice whenever I alternate pick , I dont really alternate pick 100% .

For example , if I'm descending 2 strings , I'll just go Down Down instead of maybe picking A string Down then D string Up but I go Down Down and the same goes for ascending but instead of down is up.
so it's okay if I just continue doing that and not alternate pick strictly?
Quote by dwex
so it's okay if I just continue doing that and not alternate pick strictly?

Both alternate picking and economy picking are fine. But you should know which one you are using at all times and be able to commit to it. Don't keep switching back and forth within the same song.
Economy picking is like an "advanced" way to alternate pick, mixing this technique and sweep. Results? Much cleaner notes, and a better coordination. And of course, faster playing (as for me, don't know if this happens with everyone)
Quote by Baraga
Economy picking is like an "advanced" way to alternate pick, mixing this technique and sweep. Results? Much cleaner notes, and a better coordination. And of course, faster playing (as for me, don't know if this happens with everyone)

Economy picking is potentially faster. But note clarity is debatable. I always get much more defined notes when I alternate. By the way I always thought that alternate picking is more "true" and "brutal")
THE SOLE PURPOSE OF THIS SIG IS TO GRAB YOUR ATTENTION TO THIS POST OF UTTER GENIUS