Just got a new Cakewalk UA-25EX Audio Interface for my computer. Will it work with Line 6 Pod Farm ?

So far the software is asking to recognise the Line 6 device, can i use the Cakewalk interface instead of the Line 6 device ?

Anyone who knows how to do it please let me know if its possible.
Post over in the Recordings forum.
Irrelevant quote from obscure person
Obnoxious statement regarding size of e-ween
Italicized text indicating bandwagoning masquerading as deep thought
ASCII graphic that will take over the world if you put one in your signature
Made up statistic
I did chief but more users log into the gear threads, technically its the same thing, it is guitar gear after all.
I think it has to be a line 6 interface...idk, could be wrong. I couldn't use my interface with Pod Farm or Gear box I got the same error you're getting...it didn't recognize a piece of line 6 hardware...so...
its a bit annoying that cause the chap told me at teh guitar store that I would still be able to use my Pod Farm application with it. I dunno if he means the VST plug ins though.
to run podfarm you need to either have the line 6 hardware or an ilok
Whaaaat!!!!!!
surely if you run pod farm as a plugin in whatever multi-track software you're using it should work? i don't know though... i thought it was only the standalone application that should need the line 6 interface.

edit: lol i accidentally a word..
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Last edited by Blompcube at Sep 16, 2010,
If it's the version that comes with the Line 6 gear, then no.

If it's the version that works with the iLok, then yes.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
If it's the version that comes with the Line 6 gear, then no.

If it's the version that works with the iLok, then yes.

the disc that comes with the line 6 interfaces lets you choose whether to install it for line 6 gear or for ilok - mine did anyway. so perhaps re-installing and ticking the ilok option is the way to do it?

actually i just checked using the VST in cubase without any interface plugged in and it said "no valid line 6 or ilok device detected - pod farm will not process audio". so will it even work when its installed for ilok? unless i'm missing something here..
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Quote by Blompcube
the disc that comes with the line 6 interfaces lets you choose whether to install it for line 6 gear or for ilok - mine did anyway. so perhaps re-installing and ticking the ilok option is the way to do it?

actually i just checked using the VST in cubase without any interface plugged in and it said "no valid line 6 or ilok device detected - pod farm will not process audio". so will it even work when its installed for ilok? unless i'm missing something here..

I'm fairly sure that's just to install the iLok drivers, it shouldn't work unless your Line 6 Device is installed, because you've already licensed the key to it, and not your iLok.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
you can either get an ilok and something like a ux1. Even with the ux1, you can still use your interface you just use the ux1 to start up the program
Whaaaat!!!!!!