Hi, I'm probably getting a Les Paul soonish, and I need help decding which pickups to ge, I'm looking at the burstbuckers or 57 classics, but any other suggestions welcome. I have got a Marshall DSL401, but I've got some money spare now, so I might be getting a 50 watt vintage modern, although I have seen a 50 watt MV Marshall JMP100 MKII superlead but I've not decided yet. Here's the sound I'm looking for; I like to use feedback a bit to hold notes and chords, my 2 main guitar idols are Angus Young and Slash, I want my sound to be distorted but clear, I need to have my guitar cut through the mix well when soloing, but for chords I don't want it sounding too harsh.
Gibson SG Standard, Gibson SG 60s tribute, Edwards Les Paul, Fender Telecaster, Epiphone SG Custom
IMO, the Gibson humbuckers are overpriced. I would check out manufacturers like RockMonkey, Bareknuckle, Wolfetone, Shed Pickups, Highorder pickups etc.
Quote by Kensai
You'll find whisky very different, but try it and you'll grow into it, soon you and whisky are one, but still two, lovers dancing across a frozen lake under moonlight, wrapped in honey and warmth.

Sums up whisky perfectly