I'm looking for a modeling amp with built in effects <$450. I was thinking of either the VOX Valvetronix VT100 or the Peavey Vypyr 100...

Any suggestions?
Try them out for yourself if you can, but I would personally pick the vypyr. All the VT's that I've played have just sounded super muddy to me.
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo
Quote by souperman08
Try them out for yourself if you can, but I would personally pick the vypyr. All the VT's that I've played have just sounded super muddy to me.

Same.

For $450, you should be able to find a used Line 6 Flextone.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
See if you can get lucky and find a used Vetta for that much, I'd sell a bollock for one
If not, look at the Flextone or the Vypyr
ohai little sig.
I'd take the Vypyr if I were in your position. I had a guy try out in my band with a VT and it was very muddy at high volumes (but it could have been his settings though).

If you want to look on the used market for a Line 6 Flextone then that is also a good option. If you're doing hard rock/metal/alt then i'd recommend the Flex2 and staying away from the Flex3 (unless you're not doing heavy rock/alt/metal where you need a thick and tight bottom end).

Personally though I'd just grab the Vypyr (unless you can find a Line 6 Vetta 1 or 2 on the used market for that price).
If you were in the UK i could sell you my flextone.....:P haha but yerh they are good and although the flextoneII maybe slightly better for hard rock/metal the III can do it very well if you spend enough time tweaking! also for that budget you MAY be able to find a used vetta
Amps:
Orange Rocker 30
Marshall JCM 800 1960 4x12
Guitars:
Ibanez SAS32EXFM White
Epiphone SG G400
Pedals:
Boss SD-1
Boss GE-7
Behringer TU-300

www.myspace.com/oceansatealaska
IMO the Flextone isn't really worth it, the Vetta is way better. But for that money, you can get a Vypyr Tube right? That's way better than a Valvetronix or regular Vypyr. And are you sure you need 100watt? wattage =/= quality