Hey guys, I have decided that I want to learn how to be good at guitar. (lol) For the past year or so I have barely advanced in my fretted guitar skills if thats what you call it. I have been playing almost exclusively slide guitar. Now I want to be able to play regular guitar really good too. Don't get me wrong I know a few pentatonic scales and tons of riffs/parts of songs, and a whole bunch of slide blues songs, but I can only play one rock song all the way through, solo and all. Led Zeppelin-Living Loving Maid. Pretty much I want to learn a bunch of Zep, Black Sabbath, and Van halen songs. What are some songs by these artists with solos that will be a challenge, but not impossible? I don't expect to be able to play Eruption overnight, or overyear...I know Van Halen solos are really fast so I probably won't be able to play those until after I learn more songs. I also suck and up-picking so any exercises that involve that would also be appreciated. thanks
Last edited by bobbymcgee69 at Sep 16, 2010,
Toodle-ooo motha f**kaaaaaaaaaaa-owowowowowowowoooooooo

/leave thread
Quote by pielover375
So last year, I put some potatoes in this jar and forgot about them. Today, I found them, and when I opened the jar, there is a puddle at the bottom and it smells like alcohol. If I drink this, do you think I will die, or have I made potato vodka?
Dude your thread is kinda dumb.You learn to play rock just like you learned to play slide..if you want to learn van halen songs,listen to van halen songs and judge which ones are playable yourself.
If you could reason with religious people,there would be no religious people.
step 1. find songs that you think will challenge you in those areas (not that hard to do). step 2. learn them
Paranoid - Black Sabbath
Stairway to Heaven - Led Zeppelin
Hot for Teacher - Van Halen

Learn them in that order and you should be good for continuing your learning on your own. Just pick songs you like and push yourself to learn them.
In Los Angeles, says Professor Peter Dreier, one housing policy expert at Occidental College that "people who have lost their jobs or at least their second work, by doubling or tripling up in overcrowded homes, or by the payment of 50 or completed 60 or even 70 percent of their income in rent. "Thelmy Perez, an organizer with strategic actions for a just economy tries to help an older couple that make could not, the $ 600 monthly rent on their two-room apartment so they took in six independent lodgers and now face eviction. According to one community organizer in my city, Alexandria, fast Gold WOW, the standard apartment in a complex occupied largely by day laborers contains two bedrooms, each housing a family of up to five people, plus one additional person who is entitled to the couch. Overcrowding - rural, suburban and urban - makes the mounting number of the poor invisible, especially if the perpetrators do not have to park cars on the treacherous road. But if this is sometimes a crime against the building code, it is not just a victimless one. At best, it leads to interrupted sleep and long waits for the bathroom, in the worst case, to explosions of violence. Catholic Charities reports a rise in domestic violence in many parts of the country, Candy Hill attributes to the combination of unemployment and overpopulation.