I must have bumped the input cable breaking the input jack on my amp. I could try and fix it or perhaps it is best just to write it off and buy a new one although I'd rather not spend another few hundred.

So what should I do about this?
Attachments:
broken amp.jpg
don't be a simpleton, its a five minute quick fix that you dont need to open it up for, or involving live wires, you buy a new jack, snip off the old one, and solder on the new one, tighten the bolt, and thats it, in full working order, secure to the front of your amplifier
Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.
Quote by ethan_hanus
Be very careful if you open up the amp, there's enough stored juice in there to easily kill you. I would take it to a tech if you don't know what your doing, don't play around inside of amps.

This is a solid state amp brahh. Don't worry TS, he thought it was a tube amp.
Quote by salgala2000
This is a solid state amp brahh. Don't worry TS, he thought it was a tube amp.

This ain't no joking matter, SS amp capacitors still have more than enough juice to kill you. Even a little Marshall MG has enough stored power to kill you if you touch something you shouldn't have.
Quote by ethan_hanus
This ain't no joking matter, SS amp capacitors still have more than enough juice to kill you. Even a little Marshall MG has enough stored power to kill you if you touch something you shouldn't have.

what kind of idiot messes with the capacitor when replacing a jack plate. it takes no skill, 5 minutes, and involved no danger as long as your not a completely moron,
you snip one thing off solder another on in its place, and tighten a nut to keep it inplace on teh front of the amp..
Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.
Where are you in Australia? If you live near here I'll fix it for you for $20 plus parts. With any luck it won't need any parts.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
I opened it up, pushed the input jack through the hole and used tape to replace the plastic nut that broke in half (it was an unusual nut so I will not bother finding a replacement nut). Having the sound sure makes practice a lot more enjoyable.
Last edited by 03-13-2010 at Sep 19, 2010,
Just be careful with the jack now, I dont think tape is a viable long term solution to holding the jack in place
Quote by ethan_hanus
Be very careful if you open up the amp, there's enough stored juice in there to easily kill you. I would take it to a tech if you don't know what your doing, don't play around inside of amps.

Very wise advice, although in the case of the Roland Cube not something you need to worry about. Only really applies to valve amps and perhaps very high power mosfets.
Quote by 03-13-2010
I opened it up, pushed the input jack through the hole and used tape to replace the plastic nut that broke in half (it was an unusual nut so I will not bother finding a replacement nut). Having the sound sure makes practice a lot more enjoyable.

It's not an "unusual" nut. It's very common (most likely 3/8 x 32). If you cant get it at a local hardware, or electronics parts store, get it on-line.

http://www.allparts.com/Chrome-Nuts-p/ep-0068-010.htm
http://www.allparts.com/Switchcraft-Long-Stereo-Jack-p/ep-155l-000.htm