I tried to soulder what I thought was a loose wire but I still get nothing. I'm running out of ideas and I'd rather not take it to a shop. Anything else it might be?
pics?

Description of the problem?
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by oneblackened
pics?

Description of the problem?

I can get pics up a bit later.

Last week the guitar started cutting out so I opened it up and kinda pushed the two wires togeghter (I didn't have a souldering iron handy) it temporarily fixed the problem for the rest of the day. Today I opened it up and souldered them and nothing. No sound at all, no even in and out if I wiggle the wires. I tried looking for any other loose connections and tried messing with every loose wire I saw but never any sound at all.
dead solder joint?
what do you mean you pushed 2 wires together? where were they connected? because im assuming there wasnt just 2 ends of wire floating randomly in your control cavity
if you play it alot maybe its blown out..or you could possibly try buying a new cord for ur guitar
My car is so fast the payments are 3 months behind!
Quote by Doonan
dead solder joint?
what do you mean you pushed 2 wires together? where were they connected? because im assuming there wasnt just 2 ends of wire floating randomly in your control cavity

Yeah it was just easier to explain that way. It's wire to the little metal peice sticking out of the inside of the input jack. I've had it for 7 years and bought it used... Maybe it's just broken... Haha
oh it's a bad jack. you could probably get it working again with some fiddling, but it's easier just to replace it, they're like 5 bucks. and if that don't do it, resolder everything just in case

one wire per tab
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
the black or ground to the innermost tab?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011