Okay, so were doing a sort of group project thing where we have to do somthing "Creative" about Egypt, and I was placed in the technology group where I practicaly had to do nothing because the others were making a movie. But dumbass me wanted in the Music group, the thought of stroking my 6 string in front of my classmates was all too tempting, and I was dating a girl in the music group, so that way I could play her sexy seronades so I switched into THAT group. That was a week ago, the girl I was talking about dumped me and now the group is extremely awkward to be in, not just from the breakup but the socially awkward kids cramed in with us...
Now the "project" is due tomorrow and I have to find an egyptian sounding song that can be played on 3 keyboards, two guitars, and a ****ing trumpet, YES!
I already have 4 math assignments, a movie review to complete, and a test to study for TONIGHT so I was hoping that you all could steer me towards a preforably easy, egyptian sounding song... I will probobly have several people just harmonize with each other since theres so many ****ing instruments... Thanks!
CURRENT GEAR

- '91 Ibanez RG550
- Boss ME-70 Multi-Effects
- Peavey Envoy 110
- Fender Champion 600 (Needs new power tube)
- Old Piece-o-Crap Harmony Acoustic
It's tomorrow? Are they all good at sightreading?
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
I think they will be OK at it, like its not until 4th block so I guess I could help em figure it out by then...
CURRENT GEAR

- '91 Ibanez RG550
- Peavey Envoy 110
How about:

Egypt - Symphony X

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TsfIVtBt0lA

May need some arranging to fit your instrumentation, but 'tis awesome.
Quote by mishax92
How about:

Egypt - Symphony X

This!
you better be sure to write a good arrangement of the song, and don't make it hard. email it out tonight. honestly though, this sounds like a fail dude
if you wanna create something then use the natural minor scale, but use a minor second and a major third instead. (ex: C Dflat E F G Aflat B C)
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 FR
Fender Stratocaster Custom
Epiphone Les Paul Classic (w/ EMG-81)
Vox Valvetronix AD50VT
phrygrian mode scales

/thread.
Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.
We don't know what the original Egyptian language sounded like, what makes you think we know what their music sounds like?
Quote by athlete1
you better be sure to write a good arrangement of the song, and don't make it hard. email it out tonight. honestly though, this sounds like a fail dude

Geez I know, I'm ****ing dreading it... I'll prob be up till 2 am tonight working on all my shit.

Quote by mishax92
How about:

Egypt - Symphony X

Yes indeed! Sounds sexy! Hopefully I can transcribe it out for everyone....
CURRENT GEAR

- '91 Ibanez RG550
- Peavey Envoy 110
Dude, just write a chord progression which goes Em - F maj (repeat). Then play phrygian over it. Easy and close to the sound you want.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
Quote by AlanHB
Dude, just write a chord progression which goes Em - F maj (repeat). Then play phrygian over it. Easy and close to the sound you want.

I'd opt for an E instead of Em, along with the phrygian dominant scale. It has that Hollywood Egyptian feel to it.
Quote by pwrmax
I'd opt for an E instead of Em, along with the phrygian dominant scale. It has that Hollywood Egyptian feel to it.

Either works.

In terms of "Egyptian sounding", I really like the first half of the Offspring's Pay the Man. That's one of my favourite Offspring songs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nujL7mptAJc
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
Meh. Unless you're all good sight readers it will turn out pretty bad no matter what. I say Phrygian Dominant wank fest.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs