So i play everything from drop c to e standard and i was wondering if i could put maybe like 10's on my guitar and set it up for drop D then just tune UP to E when i want to?
Would it ruin my neck?
this will end with your strings snapping.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
shouldnt be a problem.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
my guitar is set up for standard, and i just tune down to drop d when i need to
Quote by Banjocal
this will end with your strings snapping.

The hell? It's one step up on one string. If he has a string that's doing a low D without being tense beyond belief, he'll have no problem bringing it up to E.

I use heavy bottom/skinny tops in E standard to drop C with no problems. I can't see setting it up for drop D harming it at all.
Quote by Wisthekiller
tl;dr How does one safely remove the smell of a corpse from a banjo?

Would you run down past the fence?

Tell us, is the black box lying?
I don't understand the posts in this thread. Pink Muse is correct.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Pink Muse
The hell? It's one step up on one string. If he has a string that's doing a low D without being tense beyond belief, he'll have no problem bringing it up to E.

I use heavy bottom/skinny tops in E standard to drop C with no problems. I can't see setting it up for drop D harming it at all.

bu changing tunings often...stretching then loosening...will damage the strings

Yes, of course you can set a guitar up for Drop D and then just tune the 6th string up a step to E when you need to. People have been doing this since the dawn of the guitar. Setting the guitar up for Drop B with a set of .12s and tuning up to E Standard? Yeah, that would be a bad idea. Drop D to E? I do that three times a day and a set of strings lasts me a year. Christ, people.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.