So I have a Peavey Raptor guitar that I adore, have put in new EMG-HZ's in, gave a custom paint job to, and I have signed by Children Of Bodom...Problem is, it sounds like shit.

So I know how to fix the intonation on this style of bridge (Strat copy), and for all the strings, the 12th fret fretted is sharp, so I would have to move the saddle towards the bridge. Problem is that I've moved the saddles all the way to the bridge, so their pretty much kissing, and the intonation is still off.

How do I fix this problem? Do I have to adjust the bridge somehow? Tighten/loosen springs? MOVE the bridge? I'm not sure, I really hope someone here can give me an answer.
ledzeppelin7510 wrote:

come on guys, this could be great for Portnoy; remember when Neil Peart left Rush to join My Chemical Romance? Oh...wait...
You say that it's a strat style bridge, and are there height adjustments on the saddles? If so you might try getting your string height where it's supposed to be on that string. And if that's not it then there might be a problem with your nut.
If the 12th fret is flat, move the saddle closer to the nut. With this problem I'd suggest what B.Cross said, check the height. Also make sure the neck is not too bowed. If you've already got the saddles as far back as they can go try moving them forward. There is a lot of room to work with and you may have them so far back that it throws the note out.
Wouldn't moving the saddle closer to the nut, then tuning it to Standard tuning, Shouldn't that give you more room to play with?
I'm just sorta guessing here. Educated guess.
..I was watching my death.
I mean in the general space that a saddle can be moved there is a lot of room.
Best method I find is to measure your low E so the string breaks from the saddle right at the scale length. You can then eyeball the usual placement of the other 5 saddles. and you're not usually too far off.
I'm not actually to sure how to measure the Low E, or what the correct scale length is for the string to break from the saddle (What does that mean lol?)

I'm also not to sure what the correct "Bow" for the neck would be, but when looking at the neck upwards (Looking from the bridge up to the head), its warped to the right a tiny bit I guess you could say. I'm not sure if this has anything to do with the truss rod, or that the neck is just screwed.
ledzeppelin7510 wrote:

come on guys, this could be great for Portnoy; remember when Neil Peart left Rush to join My Chemical Romance? Oh...wait...
A twist is not really something to be corrected by a truss rod. It takes more than that. But if it's not too bad to neck might still be playable. The "neck bow" is the bend in the neck somewhere around the 7th fret. It's normal for there to be a bit of relief but you don't want it to look like the neck is being pulled. Make sense?
As for the scale length. I haven't looked up your guitar but I'm pretty sure it is a 25.5" scale this means that from where the string leaves the nut to where it hits the saddle is 25.5". And the 12th fret is directly between them.