Hey guys,

so plugged in Revalver MkIII for the first time today. Sounds great! only problem is, there's a lot of lag. If i lower the bit sampling rate, it decreases the lag a little, but it still hovers around 1/4 second. it's pretty bad.

I'm just straight plugged into the line-in port, and my guitar is a LTD MH400NT (so i don't think it's an impedance difference causing the lag)

does anybody know why i'm getting lag? is my computer just slow, or is it an inherent problem playing through the line-in? tips on reducing the lag would be great as well. i also might just chip out and get an audio interface.

thanks!
Quote by SeveralSpecies
Btw, I don't spell it doughnut, because that spells duff-nut.
What's your specs?
Download Asio4All and use that for managing your input-output for now, but you should probably get an interface. Line 6 GX costs 99 dollars or less now I think, and comes with POD Farm.
1.8 GHz processor, dual core. 1GB ram.

and i can still use a line-in with asio4all? huh.
Quote by SeveralSpecies
Btw, I don't spell it doughnut, because that spells duff-nut.
i've got Revalver 3 working in Linux. you should have no trouble in windows (they say).

line-in really isn't the best way to get your guitar signal into the computer.
ought to get an interface. if you're just playing through your comp, you could get a cheap interface like the Behringer Guitar Link. it does the job adequately.
if you're after a pro recording i'd go for something more expensive like M-Audio, Edirol, etc.