Calling All of the Pit's Guitar Players V8 Voting Thread (Advanced Tier)

Poll: Which cover was the best of the best of the best?
Poll Options
View poll results: Which cover was the best of the best of the best?
The Kush- Dawn of A Million Souls (Ayreon)
20 42%
Random3- Hatredcopter (Dethklok)
21 44%
stratdud39- Adam's Murmur (Cynic)
4 8%
GoIrish668- Mr. Crowley (Ozzy Osbourne)
3 6%
Voters: 48.
Sorry to everyone who voted already, I forgot Go Irish's entry. I apologize.

Anyways, you know the drill.

Vote for which cover you think is best. You must (well, we would like it very much if you did) listen to ALL of the entries before voting. Voters must NOT vote for a cover just because they like the song best.

The Kush- Dawn of A Million Souls (Ayreon)
Random3- Hatredcopter (Dethklok)
stratdud39- Adam's Murmur (Cynic)
GoIrish668- Mr. Crowley (Ozzy Osbourne)

Good luck, bitches.
Thanks for redoing the thread, UntillSleep, I really appreciate it.
Call me Andrew. It's my name.

Quote by theogonia777
i fond God too, man! i sat next to him on the bus once. he told be the meaning of life and then gave me a pretzel. i can't remember what the meaning of live was, but it was a good pretzel, man!
Is that Mr.Crowley really considered advanced? Am I missing something? It's a 30 second clip

I'm voting for Hatredcopter. No offense but like, where are the advanced guitar players?
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Aw dammit my recording thing screwed up.

Re-uploading now.

EDIT: Fixed, recording should be fine.

Quote by theogonia777
i fond God too, man! i sat next to him on the bus once. he told be the meaning of life and then gave me a pretzel. i can't remember what the meaning of live was, but it was a good pretzel, man!
Last edited by GoIrish668 at Sep 16, 2010,
The Kush gets my vote. Great playing, especially on the solo, Michael Romeo solos aren't easy, this one is no exception. Good tone too. Also props to stratdud39, Adams Murmur is a fantastic song and you played it really well.
My Last.FM

"The more you think, the better you're going to play. That should be a quote somewhere."
- Marty Friedman
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
No offense but like, where are the advanced guitar players?

Did you watch mine all the way through? The solo starts at 4:30 if you wanna skip all the simple boring stuff.
Quote by The Kush
Did you watch mine all the way through? The solo starts at 4:30 if you wanna skip all the simple boring stuff.

Nono it was fine man.

I just expected more players and more diversity in styles.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
I'm sorry, but I couldn't stand the tone of stratdud39's cover. I could tell you were skilled, but the tone just grated on me.

I really got into The Kush's cover. I'm actually looking into Ayreon now. Excellent work on that solo. You got my vote, Kush.

Nice job on Hatredcopter, Random3. I enjoyed it.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Nono it was fine man.

I just expected more players and more diversity in styles.

Oh okay haha, sorry then, I misunderstood.

and to the guys complimenting me, thanks! I would actually quote you and stuff, but I'm on my iPhone. Though I still wanted to let you guys know how much I appreciate it!
Great work all around, I am not going to say who I voted for, just for secret reasons. or just to piss you all off
mr. crowley was kinda meh, the solo was pretty dope though. its impressive when you know that the kid is like 13, but the cover still is meh.
I smoke like Rasta, got hair like pasta
I be sippin' on them shots then bustin' rhymes like Busta

Load up the bong, crank up the song, let the informa call 911
If my chops were what they used to be, and I had a webcam, I'd have recorded some Mahavishnu for this. But unfortunately, neither is the case.

We need some fusion up in here next time!
Going with The Kush, your tone was nice and the solo was just awesome. But all of you did a nice job
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Gotta go with The Kush on this one, but good job everyone.
Gear
Highway One Tele (w/Custom Shop 51 Nocaster pickups)
Standard Tele (modded to Nashville specs)
Reverend Roundhouse

Orange Rockerverb 50 MKI
Vox AC4c1
Jet City JCA20H

And pedals!

"Shiva opens her arms now..
...to make sure I don't get too far"
bump
Geets:
Ibanez GSA60
Epiphone SG/LP custom
Schecter Damien elite 7
Fender Highway one Telecaster

Pedals:
Visual sound Jekyll and Hyde

Amp:
Peavey 6505
Marshall M412a cab
Peavey Classic 50

GO STEELERS!
Hatredcopter sounds the best to me so far but I can't even tell if it's really him playing. Crappy camera and I don't know the original song XD I voted for The Kush the first time and I'm remembering why after watching it for the 2nd time...

Yep, solo got The Kush my vote XD
Last edited by BananaMartyr at Sep 17, 2010,
I am disappointed noone covered Baby by Justin Beiber!!! Cmon guys its an awesome and proper advanced!!!!! Justin Beiber fevverrrrr for lifeeee!!!!! HES SO AWESOMEEEEEZZZZZZ!!!!!! <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I voted for Hatredcopter
MY METALZ YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Quote by angusfan16
Okay UG where's my refund and free xbox. I need It for my 80 yr old grandma. She needs a new flower pot
Quote by leony03
I am disappointed noone covered Baby by Justin Beiber!!! Cmon guys its an awesome and proper advanced!!!!! Justin Beiber fevverrrrr for lifeeee!!!!! HES SO AWESOMEEEEEZZZZZZ!!!!!! <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I voted for Hatredcopter

I would cry if I didn't know you personally and therefore have absolute confidence in the fact that you are trolling

Thanks for the vote.
Quote by Random3
I would cry if I didn't know you personally and therefore have absolute confidence in the fact that you are trolling

Thanks for the vote.

Hehehehehhhehheheheheeeeheheheheehhehhehehhee portsmouth tomoz YAY!!!

I can speak proper english believe it or not. I just choose to convert to the Beiber fan language from time to time :P
MY METALZ YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Quote by angusfan16
Okay UG where's my refund and free xbox. I need It for my 80 yr old grandma. She needs a new flower pot
Yeah I went for the Kush. Great playing
1 2

Little solace comes
to those who grieve
as thoughts keep drifting
as walls keep shifting
and this great blue world of ours
seems a House of Leaves

My Rig
Quote by Will Swanson
HeavyReverb = Hero of The Pit 2010.
Quote by I-Shot-Jr
You sir are my absolute hero.
bump

Quote by theogonia777
I think it was given an extra day because it got restarted
1 2

Little solace comes
to those who grieve
as walls keep shifting
seems a House of Leaves

My Rig
Quote by Will Swanson
Quote by I-Shot-Jr
Will you be putting up the winners thread then?
1 2

Little solace comes
to those who grieve
as walls keep shifting
seems a House of Leaves

My Rig
Quote by Will Swanson
Quote by I-Shot-Jr
:O there's still time?? I CAN WIN

edit: or not... Congrats, Random3!
Last edited by The Kush at Sep 23, 2010,
I voted the Kush, he did one hell of a job on that Micheal Romeo solo!!
GoIrish's song wasn't that bad either, he needs to back of the treble a little and at some vibrato to the bends. But since he's onyl 13, he'll have enough time to learn that and become awesome!
Quote by Snowblind 911

maybe it's because of your description, or the fact that it's 1:30am here, or both, i can't stop giggling.

Sometimes girls say that too...