Is there a technical term for when a piece of music rapidly increases it's pitch, (whether chromatically like a glissando; or diatonically) to create tension that hits a peak in the song. To put it into other words, I want to know if there is a term that is equivelant for pitch, as crescendo is for volume getting louder? To hear an example listen to "Speed King" - Deep Purple. (The keyboard ascends pitch in a scalic diatonic melody in the solo, and the guitar ascends the pitch chromatically when it slides up.)