Hey,
I'm going to be studying abroad over in London for a semester, problem is I can't decide which guitar to take with me. I'm a 4th year music major, so I'll undoubtedly need one of them. I can't decide between bringing my les paul or my strat. I have flight-worthy cases for both, and I'll have an amp.
Any help/opinions?
Thanks
Which do you play more now?

I would say the Strat for two reasons: you can get more sounds out of it if you know what you're doing (and a fourth year music student should), and if anything happens to the neck in flight, it'll be a much easier fix. I've heard the horror stories of flight guys purposely stomping on the cases and throwing them around, and if you don't have to take the risk, why bother?

And a third reason, Strats are sexier.
Quote by Wisthekiller
tl;dr How does one safely remove the smell of a corpse from a banjo?

Would you run down past the fence?

Tell us, is the black box lying?
thanks for responding. the thing is i play them both pretty much equally. I was thinking about that potential neck issue also. thanks, i appreciate it.
Don't take either! If I had a legit Strat and LP theres no way I'd put either of them on a plane! Maybe the stories I've heard are exaggerated or something, but If I were you I'd pick up a second hand Epiphone or something to take. Imagine arriving at your destination to find your awesome guitar absolutely shagged. I'd cry.
I've flown with my Strat and Tele numerous times, too include shipping them both back and forth to Iraq... twice. Both are still in fully operating and unscathed condition. Most of those horror stories are just that... stories.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Quote by rooster456
I've flown with my Strat and Tele numerous times, too include shipping them both back and forth to Iraq... twice. Both are still in fully operating and unscathed condition. Most of those horror stories are just that... stories.
Agreed! My favorite Burny LP and Fender Strat have been to Europe and Asia, protected by SKB cases:

http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/SKB-InjectionMolded-Les-PaulStyle-ATA-Guitar-Flight-Case?sku=712860
http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/SKB-InjectionMolded-StratTeleStyle-ATA-Guitar-Flight-Case?sku=712861

what pink muse said!
Quote by alaskan_ninja
I once shot a man in Reno, just to watch him die.

Quote by vacant_pistol
Dude, this is Ultimate-Guitar.com
Opinions means fact, man.

Quote by sickstring11
Is it wrong for me to drink my own urine? Yes, but I do anyway because it's sterile and I like the taste.
I would take the Strat. On top of the other reasons people have pointed out, it's a lot lighter to carry around.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.