So lately over this last year I've noticed myself losing interest with most of my friends who are actually mostly from high-school or further back. We all are about 22 to 23 now just to give you more info. I'm not sure if its maturing faster than them or if its losing interest in the things we do. I could delve deeper into this if need but ill hold back till other people start sharing.

So I come to the pit to see if anyone else here has gone through this stage of life. I still care for these people but I feel were not on the same page or that the maturity levels are not working together.

What are your thoughts?

EDIT: Yes I just noticed I put Dwelve instead of Delve WOOPS. Was at work and on my phone when I wrote this up my bad.
Last edited by Trogdor1324 at Sep 17, 2010,
Dwelve.
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
Sounds reasonable to me, I'm drifting apart from some of my childhood friends.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
I know what you mean, happened to me when I moved.

but anywayz. DELVE MAN DELVE!
People in the pit take my post way too seriously.

MyAnimeList
7-String Legion

If you have a question PM me and I will always get back to you.
Well, your options are:

A) Work harder to maintain your relationships with them
B) Do nothing and continue to drift apart
C) Actively stop associating/talking to them
My friendships just die out quickly and so do my attempted relationships....I just learn to accept it and find a new friend.

Oh cool thread btw.
#25 for top 100 UGer of 2009
UG's 2nd Funniest UGer and 3rd most likely to be a Serial Killer of 2009, 2nd of 2011
Ever since I got done with school, I really cut contact with a lot of my old friends. And it's not really a bad thing. One of my friends really treated me like shit most of the time, and now he's finally seeing it I think because I will not hang out with him or talk to him anymore.

I've matured a lot since I got my GED, I've really grown up and accepted that I'm in the real world now. I fend for myself and myself alone, and I support myself as well.

Many of my other friends (Even those who finished/graduated school) still live off their parents/guardians, don't support themselves at all, don't own a car/have a job (I don't have a job yet but actively looking.. Do own a car though), and yet they tell me how I need to grow up? I haven't lived off the support of another adult for closing in on 6 months now.

I don't care what others think, I feel I've matured and have entered adulthood now, much faster than most of my other friends.
Ever since graduating high school (I'm less than a month into college) I've already lost considerable amounts of friends. Sucks bro
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Dwelve...

Go on a road trip!
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
Quote by RU Experienced?
Well, your options are:

D)...welve
it happens. hey, I moved 600 miles away and my own father didn't know. much less the people I hung out with. I haven't spoken to any of them for a few years, and I haven't made any new friends. that would require actually, you know, interacting with people.

I don't know, maybe you need to socialize more than I do. if you guys are drifting apart, just go with it. people come and go, it's how it is. you'll find other people if you want to.

I never saw this type of thing as awkward.
Last edited by MakinLattes at Sep 17, 2010,
i'm going through the exact same thing right now, i lost all contact with my friends after high school because they moved away and the friends that do still talk to me i have nothing in common with any more
It's always the last day of summer and I've been left out in the cold with no door to get back in
I don't really feel like dwelving into my ackward opinion. I'm glad you brang it up though.
Quote by Ian_the_fox
You're not girly enough of a boy for me, and you're not man enough to take the top. So like, sorry bitch but you ain't mine! Sorry.
I drifted from two of my four freinds. One of them continually hit on my girlfreind, so I just stopped talking to him. Me and the other just don't click, and I got tired of doing the same thing everytime we hang out. I'm down to one freind and my girlfriend, woot.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Theory is descriptive, not prescriptive.

Quote by MiKe Hendryckz
theory states 1+1=2 sometimes in music 1+1=3.
Quote by CapnKickass
D)...welve

Oh, man, you were the eleventh post. If only one more person had posted before you, you could have been poster number dwelve!
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
I'm your age, and I still talk to a lot of my old friends. Others I couldn't care less about. It doesn't really bother me so much, unless I'm getting nostalgic. But all my friends were very similar to me, and now I'm enjoying the company of people who aren't very much like me. I prefer them more. I suppose I miss them occasionally... But I tend to miss the way they were in high school, not the way they are now. The people they are now suck.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Last edited by Jack Off Jill at Sep 17, 2010,
Quote by RU Experienced?
Well, your options are:

As someone who routinely does option C, I'm here to tell you to take route B. You never know what happens down the line, and then you're the jerk who stopped talking to everyone and taking phone calls.

I really wouldn't worry about it, it's pretty normal. Most of my friends from high school were circumstantial; we were only friends because we saw each other so often and we happened to like the same activities. It's a relatively limited bond. Focus on cultivating the friendships that are going well, or on making new ones for this new stage in your life.
Quote by metacarpi
I'd rather post a chat up line with an escape route in case it starts going wrong.

"Did it hurt when you fell from heaven?"

*girl looks unimpressed*

"Because it looks like you landed on your face."
I don't see some friends as often as I used to, but I don't feel all that detached from them, I guess it's just how my circle of friends is.
Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Jeremy Clarkson is a knob.
ok, guys. Dwelve isn't funny anymore.

Oh wait. It wasn't funny to begin with.

On topic: I have the same problem. I just lose interest
RIP Tom Searle.
thats just what happens.
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
Life is an ever changing dynamic of friends entering and leaving your life. If you like your friends and spending time with them, good. If you are not happy with your situation, fix it. If you can't or don't want to fix it, too bad. Cherish the past, look forward to the future, and enjoy the present.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Friends come and go. The friends you have in school are friends with the teenage you and you're friends with the teenage them. Once you grow up and mature you aren't the same person and hence why the friendship would cease. You will go through different batches of friends your whole life.
Quote by Tyler Durden
It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.

Erowid
I have added most of my childhood friends on Facebook and it was a huge mistake, most of them have become complete douchebags.
same thing is happening to me right now, actually. the only bad thing is, they were pretty much my only friends. oh well, time to move on and make new friends i guess.
Quote by Marshmelllow
graphs. graphs always work. my old work place had an awesome printer, so i was constantly making graphs.

that was until i made a graph of how much my boss pissed me off. but seriously dude, graphs.
I'm not friends with barely anyone I used to be in highschool and I'm only in first year of college
* If my punctuation seems off, it's because my shift button is broken *
well i actually want to become closer friends with some people in my school.

Just from facebook alone, i really don't think that we would completely drift apart after graduation.
Chelsea FC

Quote by Blues Hippie
As for the swim team member that drowned, it just means the swim team just got a lot better. Same with him too, it's time to move on, the weakest link is gone...
Well, I am 13 and now, especially after today, I have realised that my "friends" are complete douchebags

The thing is there is no-one else in my school whom I want to be friends with, because quite franky they don't want to be friends with me because I am drastically different from them.

I need a Hug