I'm looking at building another guitar, an sg shape most likely. But theres one thing I'm stuck on; oiled wood or painted? I want this guitar to look custom, but can I achieve that without going over the top? I was thinking of doing it full white with a couple of Japanese symbols or something. Or a really dark smooth wood finish. But really I have no idea. So tell me.

What would YOUR dream guitar look like?
I'd just get a IC400 and let my friend paint it over with anything that gets in her mind. That would be my dream guitar.
Yup.
This:

or this:

or this:
Epiphone Dot
DIY Esquire w/Neovin Power Rock pickup
Vox AC30VR 212
Arion MTE-1 (LED clipping diodes added)
Vox Tonelab LE
Roland SDE1000 delay

Quote by DaMarsbarPerson
By high-gain I don't mean stupid stuff. I just mean styles like Motley Crue or Iron Maiden
Just got mine....Schecter C-1 Blackjack ATX in Aged White.

BEAUTIFUL!
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
an esp horizon shape/ pointed headstock with string guide and trussrod cover with my name on it, white binding on body/neck and headstock, mahogany body/neck, QM maple top in dark cherry/light orange see through, HSH construction with all active emgs, 5 way selctor switch with black chrome pionted dome and black chrome knobs, ebony fretboard with offset pearl blocks on top and bottom with my last name on the 12th and 24th frets, a recessed upgraded floyd, all black chrome hardware, sperzel tuners, neck thru body, ultra thin U neck, killswitch, flipout ashtray 9 volt compartment, side cable jack at a downwards angle, and it has to have some weight to it because I like my guitars heavy. thatll be an expensive guitar.
LTD Deluxe H1001Fr STBC
Modded Fender Stratocaster HSS mexican
Epiphone Les Paul Ultra II
Takamine G340SC Acoustic
Line 6 Spider III 75w
Carvin Legacy 2
Dunlop 535Q crybaby wah
Whirlwind A/B Selector
my dream guitar would look like:

Les Paul shaped acrylic body (see-thru plastic) with multi-colour changing led's or something like kirk hammets wavecaster, 24 fret inlay-less ebony fretboard with maple neck and a esp/ltd style pointed reversed headstock, 2 passive humbucker pickups, black or gold hardware, T.O.M bridge with tailpiece (no string through)

i reckon that would look pretty sweet
Gear
Epi Goth Explorer
Schecter Demon 7
Jackson JS30 Rhodes (modded)
Line 6 POD HD500
Roland Cube 60
ESP F / LTD Hex-7
Proudly endorsed by Kamecki Guitars and WBgear!

My guitars:
-B.C Rich NJ Jr.V Deluxe (6 string guitar)
-Kamecki Custom V guitar
Something a lot like this:

(Invalid img)

but then it's not the way a guitar looks that appeals to me - i love the sound of firebirds, and these non-reverse models feel a bit less awkward than the regular firebird. and of course, it has to be antique-burst
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
A Gibson Les Paul Bantam lookalike with a 7th string in PRS Charcoalburst with gold hardware
Quote by fleajr_1412
You have amazing taste in men.

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
Olympic White 70's Strat with a reversed headstock. That's pretty much it.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
cheers guys so I think I'm gonna go white , binding doesn't really work on an SG though. Maybe an SG with a strat headstock? Like a super strat one? Dunno.
Either a good '59 burst,

A nice vintage telecaster,

Or my recent custom Carvin.

I love them all for different things, I'd never be satisfied without Luna now that I've played with her, a '59 Les Paul speaks for itself, and there are always things that nothing but a good tele can do, part of why I think every player should have one. If push comes to shove though, I think I'll probably go with Luna just barely over a tele; Slightly more versatility, no hum, and the second cutaway and 22nd fret are great.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 3-3
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 52-39
Quote by jolly_26
cheers guys so I think I'm gonna go white , binding doesn't really work on an SG though. Maybe an SG with a strat headstock? Like a super strat one? Dunno.

That strat headstock idea sounds cool, the superstrat deal isn't my thing though. Reverse '70s strat headstock, now we're talking!!
Epiphone Dot
DIY Esquire w/Neovin Power Rock pickup
Vox AC30VR 212
Arion MTE-1 (LED clipping diodes added)
Vox Tonelab LE
Roland SDE1000 delay

Quote by DaMarsbarPerson
By high-gain I don't mean stupid stuff. I just mean styles like Motley Crue or Iron Maiden
SG with a Strat headstock looks ugly in my head. There's just something with the matching symmetry on each side that my head loves, but then again, it might come out great.
Quote by Wisthekiller
tl;dr How does one safely remove the smell of a corpse from a banjo?

Would you run down past the fence?

Tell us, is the black box lying?
An SG with a reverse '70s headstock would probably look awesome, but anytime I see a reverse headstock, I can't help but think of it as a Hendrix copycat.
Quote by SteveHouse
This thread is officially about sucking Sleaze off for a sig.

Quote by tayroar
Hey Sleaze I'll give you a blowjob if you sig me. Maybe even some nudey photos?

Quote by crazy8rgood

Sleaze, that made me lulz in my pants.

Quote by 36mikeyb36
hahaha Sleaze i'd give you my mom for that one.
A Les paul shape with "aggresive" aka ESP styled cut out, Floyd rose, longer scale so 25.5" 24 fret ( dont care if it doesnt go i love the LP shape..) Quilted top with Transparent cherry burst finish and SD blackouts or EMG 85/60 (unusual but i like those 2 best in those possitions )
an ibanez jem with pink being the main colour and yellow the secondary, for pickups and that.