I found this for sale on craigslist for $200 and read a quick recommendation to get one of these if i got the opportunity so I did. It is an Electra Les Paul copy, made in Japan, he stated it was from the "lawsuit era"

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

There is some switch by the tone knobs that does not work and I am not sure what it does. But the guitar does play very well. One of the original pickups was replaced, though he still gave it to me. He also gave me a Jackson J-90c pickup.

The strange thing about these original pickups is that they are single coil. I only have the original bridge pickup installed, but it sounds very acoustic like when plugged in. Cool, but I still think I will replace them.

I thought it was a pretty good deal for a vintage Japanese made LP copy plus an extra jackson and dimarzio pickup. Any one have any info on this guitar?
i think the switch by the tone knob is meant to use as a coil split
also if it was in fact from the lawsuit era it must be good considering they were good enough to take business away from gibson
Yours looks like it might be from the "Crate" era. I have one of these I bought for $200 USD along with a Line 6 Spider II amp. First thing I did was have a luthier change the strings and set it up. It's solid mahogany of some grade, with a thin maple veneer on the top. The pick-ups though passive are so damn hot that you can barely touch the strings without it screamin' its ass off.
I also have a '75 ebony 2242 model that was either manufactured by Matsumoku or Fuji-Gen, both of which are/were master guitar builders in Japan. It's very nice and is still worth what I paid for it back then.
You might have been able to get a better deal, but you certainly didn't get a bad deal. You won't find too many LP copies that are as good for the price you paid.