I'm looking into it, but for some reason I can't stand the "legends" like Peter Tosh and Jimmy Cliff. On the other hand Gregory Isaacs and Black Uhuru were fantastic.

Can somebody reccomend me some more of the obvious artists that sound like those. And tell me why I don't like Bob Marely etc?
Quote by vivalasteve
This one time, I was...erm...orgasming...but nonstop. It just wouldn't stop and, without being too graphic, basically was like how the blood was coming out of your mouth, then I got dehydrated and died. True story.
you don't understand what it is to not like reggae.

you could never, in a million years, understand what one has to go through to develop a hatred so deep that it has stained their soul with an incomprehensible evil for this music called reggae.

ahem.. I mean, no, sorry.
Quote by MakinLattes
you don't understand what it is to not like reggae.

you could never, in a million years, understand what one has to go through to develop a hatred so deep that it has stained their soul with an incomprehensible evil for this music called reggae.

ahem.. I mean, no, sorry.

xD Why?
Quote by vivalasteve
This one time, I was...erm...orgasming...but nonstop. It just wouldn't stop and, without being too graphic, basically was like how the blood was coming out of your mouth, then I got dehydrated and died. True story.
^ the only saving grace

Quote by extrememetal94
xD Why?

I was forced to do horrible, horrible things. things which have scarred me beyond recognition.

I will never forgive that man...
Quote by MakinLattes
^ the only saving grace

I was forced to do horrible, horrible things. things which have scarred me beyond recognition.

I will never forgive that man...

What are you talking about?

And would Jimmy Cliff/Bob Marely be considered Ska?
Quote by vivalasteve
How did REGGAE of all things ruin your life?

This is why I don't like arguing on the internet.
Quote by damian_91
If only you could back that statement up.
Quote by Zombee
Wolfgang's Philadelphia Study. Look it up yourself.
Quote by damian_91
No need to, absurd generalizations aren't my thing.
Last edited by Zombee at Sep 17, 2010,
Toots & The Maytals
UB40
Desmond Dekker
Dennis Brown
Eddy Grant
Gregory Isaacs
Maxi Priest
U-Roy
The Pioneers
Ken Boothe
John Holt

Also for Ska music check out stuff like
The Specials
Madness
The Selecter
The Beat
Bad Manners
Dave & Ansel Collins
Harry J Allstars.
So, there's obviously a huge difference between Jimmy Cliff and Gregory Isaacs, yet they're both called reggae?

Why is this?
Quote by vivalasteve
Quote by Adam Scott
Explain what you regard as the huge difference between them...

Isaacs has that real reggae sound, whereas Jimmy Cliff sounds Jamaican, yet very like pop music? The beat sounds different in both.
Quote by vivalasteve
Just get some ska. Toots & the Maytals, The Specials, Desmond Dekker, Madness, Prince Buster, The Skatalites.
UB40. Always. Grew up on it, amongst other things.

"I Would Do For You"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GWMNyziCz4

"Sweet Sensation"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3q5ks9GB4k

"King"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JuqdnPFeTo

Enjoy ^-^

EDIT:
Quote by Adam Scott
Also for Ska music check out stuff like
The Specials
Madness
The Selecter
The Beat
Bad Manners
Dave & Ansel Collins
Harry J Allstars.

This list needs The Skints adding to it
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
Last edited by RevaM1ssP1ss at Sep 17, 2010,
Quote by Monkeyboy_172
I would recommend some King Tide, Rootz Underground, Fat Freddys Drop and State Radio.

I fucking love fat freddy's.
Albums I Must Obtain
Call me Paul. I prefer that.
Quote by fretsonfire74
I think you're my soulmate
Quote by pbiggie

Hell yea man, I see you are also an Ex-Kiwi living in Australia :P
Check out dub music. More about the music, less about the message. King Tubby and Lee "Scratch" Perry would be the big names.

On of my favourites:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0R9YiySu24
Slept through these guys at 2 festivals. On the first, they were most of the reason I went there at all (hitched a few hundred miles spent hours sneaking into the festival)

Quote by pbiggie

True that! How could I forget? They're my favorite. Saw them 3 weeks ago at a festival!
Originally posted by WlCmToTheJungle "you have just received the amish computer virus. Since the amish dont have computers it's based on there honor system so please delete all of your files immediatly. thank you
Last edited by Caressing Death at Sep 17, 2010,