I have to write a novel for school and I cant come up with a good subject. Help me out, Pit? I can write good, if I get something to write about. Its a novel, so it cant be something that covers too much.
Quote by goest
^Absolute. Uncompromising. 100% pure, fresh. Solid. Gold.

Quote by WCPhils
That might be my favorite shoop I have ever seen on here.

Quote by KnightBand
Yes! ****ing Yes! YOU LEGEND!!!
Last edited by Drakathan at Sep 17, 2010,
A whole novel? Not a short story?

Write about a school that has unrealistically high expectations of its pupils.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Quote by Drakathan
I can write good
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
Quote by FrenchyFungus

I didn't even catch that
Quote by Ian_the_fox
You're not girly enough of a boy for me, and you're not man enough to take the top. So like, sorry bitch but you ain't mine! Sorry.
A Novel that doesn't cover too much? :-s Are you sure they don't mean a Novella? As a Novel is a long story while a Novella is generally between a short story and a novel
My Guitars:
Epiphone Flying V
Westfield SG
Laney Lc15110 230 G Tube Combo 15W
Presonus Audiobox USB

check out http://soundcloud.com/
eddiechance
How you uh, how you comin' on that novel you're working on? Huh? Gotta a big, uh, big stack of papers there? Gotta, gotta nice litte story you're working on there? Your big novel you've been working on for 3 minutes? Huh? Gotta, gotta compelling protaganist? Yeah? Gotta obstacle for him to overcome? Huh? Gotta story brewing there? Working on, working on that for quite some time? Huh? Yea, talking about that 3 minutes ago. Been working on that the whole time? Nice little narrative? Beginning, middle, and end? Some friends become enemies, some enemies become friends? At the end your main character is richer from the experience? Yeah? Yeah?
Last edited by whitenihilist at Sep 17, 2010,
Quote by FrenchyFungus

I saw that in the little preview and nearly started crying.
Gear
Highway One Tele (w/Custom Shop 51 Nocaster pickups)
Standard Tele (modded to Nashville specs)
Reverend Roundhouse

Orange Rockerverb 50 MKI
Vox AC4c1
Jet City JCA20H

And pedals!

"Shiva opens her arms now..
...to make sure I don't get too far"
I can't really imagine a school making a 16 year old write a novel; what in god's holy name are you blathering about?
Those who have crossed
With direct eyes, to death's other Kingdom
Remember us - if at all - not as lost
Violent souls, but only
As the hollow men
The stuffed men.
Quote by whalepudding
A whole novel? Not a short story?

Write about a school that has unrealistically high expectations of its pupils.

DON'T MAKE ME DESTROY YOU!

TURN OFF YOUR MIND RELAX AND FLOAT DOWNSTREAM

Quote by Scumbag1792
My God, this must be the smartest/greatest guy ever.
Include zombies. In someway or another. If you do that you got a B- at the least.

And the first chapter, start it at the end but in such a way that it seems like its the beginning until you reach the end and its the same thing and everyones all "Holy SH*T! I was not expecting that!"

If you can figure out what I mean you'll get an A++. Two things people love are Zombies and mind F*CKS. Believe me, I've been a person for years.
Quote by Mudmen190

Do it.

Isn't that the plot of The Simpson's movie?!

EDIT^^: FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-
Last edited by whitenihilist at Sep 17, 2010,
Quote by .Joker.
Simpsons did it

Quote by Ian_the_fox
You're not girly enough of a boy for me, and you're not man enough to take the top. So like, sorry bitch but you ain't mine! Sorry.
Quote by FrenchyFungus

Haha, yeah thats quite funny actually Im fluent in english but its not my mothers tounge so occasionally it slips a little
Quote by goest

Quote by WCPhils

Quote by KnightBand
Okay, so it seems my teacher and the world dont agree on the definition of novel. I take UG's side... Anyway it seems the correct word (as stated by another user) is novella. I expect she wants a couple thousand words. So to get on the subject, any ideas?
Quote by goest

Quote by WCPhils

Quote by KnightBand
Quote by Drakathan
Okay, so it seems my teacher and the world dont agree on the definition of novel. I take UG's side... Anyway it seems the correct word (as stated by another user) is novella. I expect she wants a couple thousand words. So to get on the subject, any ideas?

Start with a few characters, then have the zombie apocalypse happen, with the characters developing, becoming friends, falling in love, etc, then end it with a meteor strike that destroys the planet.
Quote by Butt Rayge
Pretty sure Jesus was decaffeinated.

I'm just a hedonist without happiness
people get stuck in a island,the place is full of smokes monsters and bears,they have superpowers,a japonese guy who can travel in time is the main character...they all die in the end
Quote by whitenihilist
How you uh, how you comin' on that novel you're working on? Huh? Gotta a big, uh, big stack of papers there? Gotta, gotta nice litte story you're working on there? Your big novel you've been working on for 3 minutes? Huh? Gotta, gotta compelling protaganist? Yeah? Gotta obstacle for him to overcome? Huh? Gotta story brewing there? Working on, working on that for quite some time? Huh? Yea, talking about that 3 minutes ago. Been working on that the whole time? Nice little narrative? Beginning, middle, and end? Some friends become enemies, some enemies become friends? At the end your main character is richer from the experience? Yeah? Yeah?

Quote by Hasok
people get stuck in a island,the place is full of smokes monsters and bears,they have superpowers,a japonese guy who can travel in time is the main character...they all die in the end

Now I love the referrence to Lost but seriously

Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽