ok, before anyone starts yapping i read all the topic-related threads and neither one gives a clear answer. will a 15watt tube head through a 112 cab be enough for band practice(another guitarist, bassist, and a not so loud drummer). Not for small gigs or clubs, just an apartment room for 4 people. the drummer plays at an okay level until he gets excited or plays a solo. so will it be enough, or will it cause me many problems? i wish someone could give me some details. thanks.
I have a Maz jr 18, and running with a 1x12 Cab could hold it's own just fine with a drummer...

15 Tube watts rock in my book.

Get an efficient speaker too, like a Blue.
Quote by BurstBucker Pro
I have a Maz jr 18, and running with a 1x12 Cab could hold it's own just fine with a drummer...

15 Tube watts rock in my book.

Get an efficient speaker too, like a Blue.

k thanks that's what im looking for but can u give me some more details, like is it possible to get clean tones? is it hard to get heard? that sort of stuff
In rehearsals I use a Blackheart Handsome Devil head and it's own cab. It's a 15 watt tube amp, and a 1x12 cab. It works perfect, I can't crank it because i will flood everyone with my sound. This is the cheapest amp you can get to practice or rehearsal.
Look into it.
GUITARS: Gibson Les Paul Classic 1960
PEDALBOARD: TC POLYTUNE, GCB-95(mod)CRYBABY, MXR DYNACOMP, WAMPLER SUPERPLEXTORTION, TS-9, BIG MUFF, SMALL STONE, SMALL CLONE, MALEKKO EKKO 616, DR SCIENTIST MINI REVERBERATOR
MY COVERS
SELLING TS-9 w/ TB MOD
You can't get a clear answer because each amp is different, and it depends a lot on how hard/loud your drummer plays. I don't feel comfortable playing with a band using anything under 75W, but then I'm usually playing heavy metal with 2 guitarists and a drummer that hits really angrily. So it really depends on the situation.

Even if your drummer doesn't play that loudly, I would suggest something around 25-30W.

Besides, even if you don't use all of the volume, it's really important to have that headroom there.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
you could run that rig in a club easily, ive run just a fender super champ before at a gig and it cut through beautifully
Rig:
Jay Turser ES-335 w/ 2 Burstbuckers OR
J&E Custom w Duncan SSL3 and SHL59>
MXR Dynacomp>
Ibanez TS-9>
Dunlop Crybaby>
Fender Hot Rod DeVille 212
effects loop:
Boss BD-2>
Danelectro Vibe>
Boss DD-6>
Morley Volume