Hi, Ive been on the hunt for a new guitar for a while now that has EMGs and OFR. Theres no guitar shop near my place, so I cant try before I buy, so I have to buy try and return if I dont like. Now Ive only seen 2 guitars that look decent enough for me below 700 dollars. the hellraiser sunset and the DLXJRVO(deluxe jr v). Each guitar has its pros and cons. The Damien has EMG 81TW/89, split coil awesomeness, but its also a superstrat and Im really tired of that shape. The V has EMG 81/85 and it looks 1000x more badass than the hellraiser, but Ill also have to find a nice gigbag to put it in that will cost me quite a bit more than a strat bag, or I can put a wall mount and have to clean it every day. Both have OFR.

The hellraiser isnt on sale anymore, but its on ebay for around $525.
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/reviews/electric_guitars/schecter/hellraiser_sunset_fr/index.html

The DLXJRVO is on musicfarm new for $600.
http://www.themusicfarm.com/product_info.php?products_id=9045

Can anyone tell which one theyd buy. Id probably choose the V if I can find a gig bag that can fit that beast(Truely the most badass guitar Ive ever seen). But the hellraiser is so much easier to work with and maintain(no pointy edges, easy to sit with, cheap bags).

Any other recommendations with EMG actives and OFR are very welcome. And if you say the V, can you also point out a cheap gig bag.
$20 says almost every post is going to tell you to go with the Schecter. They're just that good (plus, everyone seems to hate BC Rich here, lol).

But, personally, I'd go with the Schecter as well, having played both myself (horray, Guitar Center!). It just has a higher quality feel to it, as well as a nicer look too.
I would have to try them both before I could decide or give you my opinion. I have played many Schecter Hellraisers and they are top notch guitars. I do not own a Hellraiser but I have two BC Rich Vs just not that model. I really like my BC Rich guitars and did choose one over the Schecter Hellraiser but the Schecter was used and abused.

Like any guitar you need to try out the two and see what fits your criteria a lot of guys do not think a V is a very comfortable guitar to play while the strat shapes seem more comfortable. I am not a fan of EMGs as far as OFR or LFR trems go IMHO it really depends on the guitar company and price of the guitar. I have played some great LFR trems and some were just plain junk. Now I also prefer a hardtail over a Floyd. Even though I can set up a Floyd with my eyes closed I just think they are a hassle especially if your not going to use it much.
I really cant try anything before I buy, no good guitar shops within 100 miles of home. I bought an Ibanez RG321, 5 months ago, and the pups are already getting muddy and have tons of more feedback than when I bought it. Im really tired of strats. I would use the floyd becuase Im learning a few songs that require it, and I do some improvisations for the fun of it, and there are a few tricks that Id like to learn with a floyd. I love EMG sound. I have lots of reasons to want a guitar with these specs.

And can someone say how exactly BCRich sucks, Ive been hearing that everywhere lately. THis V has a nato body, ebony fretboard, is that bad.

THX for the help.
Quote by MyNameDoesn'tFi
$20 says almost every post is going to tell you to go with the Schecter. They're just that good (plus, everyone seems to hate BC Rich here, lol).

But, personally, I'd go with the Schecter as well, having played both myself (horray, Guitar Center!). It just has a higher quality feel to it, as well as a nicer look too.

This. If you're into guitars with great action the are nicely crafted and have great playability and sound, go with the Schecter

Edit: and B.C. Rich doesn't suck. At least not in your price range. It's just that the cheaper ones suck and alot of folks don't like the extreme designs on their guitars.
I hate my sig
Last edited by QuantumMechanix at Sep 17, 2010,
Get a Tele.

I prefer BC Rich over Schecter
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Get the 7 string version of the BC Rich,

same specs as the 6 but with a better headstock and extra string.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
B.C Rich, I have that guitar and it's awesome. Schecter just can't beat it
Proudly endorsed by Kamecki Guitars and WBgear!

My guitars:
-B.C Rich NJ Jr.V Deluxe (6 string guitar)
-Kamecki Custom V guitar