Hey,

I tuned my guitar and the E is in tune when played open but when I play e--12 it's almost a half step down. How can I fix this? It's only on the high E.

Thanks
Ehm, I can't loosen it further that it is now and e--12 is still lower than open e.
I just screamed in key because of frustration :p
If the saddles won't intonate it properly, chances are that your neck has too little or too much bow. Your action could also be affecting intonation if it's too low or high.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Is there any way to check if it has too much/little bow? I don't think I can fix the amount of bow myself.
Yeah. Hold down the 1st fret on the low E string, and the 19th fret on the same string. Then look around the 7-9th fret, and see how much space there is between the top of the fret and the string. You should be able to fit 1-2 picks in between the space. If there isn't enough space, you need to loosen your truss rod. If there is more space, you need to tighten it.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
I tightened the saddle as far as possible and checked the difference then I did the same while loosened as far as possible and the difference was pretty much the same. I am using a KORG GA-30 TUNER I don't know if the difference is too little for it to pick up.
I did what Offworld92 said I think there will fit 1 pick in between.
ok, set your tuner up as normal. hold the e string at the 5th fret and check it there. It should be in tune as an A on the tuner.
You say you 'loosened' the saddle. If that means you made the string longer it will give a lower note at the 12th. High e usually requires the saddle well forwards, towards the neck for normal curvature.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

At the 5th fret it's lower than A. With loosened I meant I had it towards the neck as close as possible.
Ehm, can it really be the bow? Because the higher e is the only string I'm having problems with.
I doubt its because of neck bow, and if you like low action you definitely don't want to be able to fit 2 picks in between the fret and the string.
You should fret the string at the first and around the 16th, where the neck pocket starts, because the neck wont bow much once you get to the pocket. There should be around 1-2mm between the 10th fret and the bottom of the string.

Try setting your intonation at the 22nd/24th fret, thats usually more accurate than the 12th, and that should get it closer to being in tune on the higher frets.
What do you mean with low/high action? I did what you told on the higher e string and I think it nearly touches the fret. At the lower e it's around 1mm.
Action is the string height. If you want low action, you typically want the neck to be fairly straight, but with higher action, a bit more bow is preferable.
how old are your strings?

old strings can be a bugger to intonate.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Em well, I may buy new ones lol. They're getting dirty too.
I'll let you guys know if it worked with new strings.
swap one string at a time. and start with that saddle in the center.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Thanks, I think I am gonna get Power Slinkies does it matter that I am now using Super Slinkies?
only if the gauge's are really different.

in that case you might need some additional adjustments to get it to play the same way.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62