Hey UG,

I like to jam to hard rock blues like Clapton and wanted to know if the RG5EX1 would be good for that genre. I hear these guitar are primarily made for rock and metal, which I play too. How's it for blues like Buddy Guy?

Would jumbo frets and a 25.5 scale length make it hard to play bar chords?

Is there any issue I should be concerned about?

Thanks.
Any guitar will work.

Make sure you use your volume knob FREQUENTLY.

Scale doesn't matter. Clapton uses strats which are 25.5" scale length

Nothing to be concerned about other than the comfort of the neck. Play some for a fwe hours and make sure your hands like the feel of the neck.

EDIT:

What amp are you using?
yes pickup swap will help along with the right amp

Might I suggest looking at the S series as well.

One major thing I want to mention is the Ibanez necks are so thin that the "thumb over the top method" feels very uncomfortable for me. It might not be the same for you.

Also, playing with the thumb over the top is far from a necessity.
Fender Stratocaster USA Deluxe 2005
MIJ Fender Contemporary Stratocaster '85-'86 HSS System I DiMarzio SD Bridge
Epiphone 2010 Les Paul Tribute
Ibanez AW30ECE Acoustic
Line 6 IV 75w (lol)
They're not recommended as such but any guitar can be used to play any genre if you use it in the right way. Although if you're primarily based on blues/jazz I'd have a look at the S series as they seem more versatile to myself.
An Ibanez is good if you prefer slightly wider string spacing. I would say that kind of neck (a thin U shape) is better for chording and legato lines. Bending is a bit harder but personally I like the feel.

If you have smaller hands, you might want to try something that isn't as wide such as a nice C shape...
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by xFilth
An RG can do brilliantly if you use the right pickups and amp

By that logic, so can every guitar ever made. The Guitarist makes the genre, not the guitar.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Quote by rooster456
By that logic, so can every guitar ever made. The Guitarist makes the genre, not the guitar.

You don't see me disagreeing with that. Beyond amp, pups and wood, playability is next, imo. And RG's are very comfortable, tbh
Your guitar has almost nothing to do with your sound/tone. Your playing style and your amp dictate that. I've found that if you want to play different genres, you need to develop different styles of playing to pull it off, or else everything starts sounding the same, regardless of what you're trying to do, so keep that in mind.

Though technique/playing style imo is the most important part of the way your tone, you amp will determine what your playing sounds like. For blues you'll want an amp that can do cleans and overdrive very well. For rock and metal you're going to want an amp that can do distortion very well.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Guys... How the neck is shaped is factor on how the PLAYER plays the damn thing. Some necks are more comfy to somebody.

So instead of not helping and saying, 'oh it's teh plaaaaaaaaayerz nut teh axes just practize101010101!!!!' why don't you guys give an HONEST opinion or guitar necks and playability so that he can start to make judgments for himself?

Can y'all stop failing so hard?
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Guys... How the neck is shaped is factor on how the PLAYER plays the damn thing. Some necks are more comfy to somebody.

So instead of not helping and saying, 'oh it's teh plaaaaaaaaayerz nut teh axes just practize101010101!!!!' why don't you guys give an HONEST opinion or guitar necks and playability so that he can start to make judgments for himself?

Can y'all stop failing so hard?

Guess you missed my post.
Fender Stratocaster USA Deluxe 2005
MIJ Fender Contemporary Stratocaster '85-'86 HSS System I DiMarzio SD Bridge
Epiphone 2010 Les Paul Tribute
Ibanez AW30ECE Acoustic
Line 6 IV 75w (lol)
Quote by guitar nubsauce
Guess you missed my post.

If it doesn't apply to YOU it doesn't apply to you? Why would you reply? DO you need to get your jollies? Guess you jumped the gun. Fuck off, bro
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
if sea sick steve can play blues on a broom handle with one string made of fencing wire and a coke can bridge, then you can play blues on anything the neck profile is personal preference if it`s a concern to you then go and play some in a store and come to your own conclusion as to whether it`s suitable to you.