Hey guys, I have a Line 6 Uber Metal stompbox. Its very good when I use it alone, but when the whole band is playing, it just doesn’t cut through except at insane volumes. And this would be ok, but when there is a solo, the sound is too harsh. When the pedal is bypassed, i have no such problems with the clean sound. So, I’m looking to replace it.
I have my eyes set on the EHX Metal Muff

1. Will it make much of a difference?

2. Do you suggest any other pedal?

3. Would an eq pedal help me with my Line 6? So I don’t need to replace my pedal?

Gear:
Jackson Warrior WRXT X
Line 6 Uber Metal
Roland Cube 15x(Practice)
Marshall Stack
Well yeah it's going to sound different. It's a different pedal man.

You should try it out with your rig first because I can guarantee that you won't achieve the sound in your head with that rig anyways. Learn to play and save your money until you actually KNOW and hear the difference instead. That way you won't have to ask us, you'll just buy
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
proco rat
Rig:
Jay Turser ES-335 w/ 2 Burstbuckers OR
J&E Custom w Duncan SSL3 and SHL59>
MXR Dynacomp>
Ibanez TS-9>
Dunlop Crybaby>
Fender Hot Rod DeVille 212
effects loop:
Boss BD-2>
Danelectro Vibe>
Boss DD-6>
Morley Volume

my shit screams.
what marshall is that. i'm guessing it's like the one in my sig.

the amp is probably the problem.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
what marshall is that. i'm guessing it's like the one in my sig.

the amp is probably the problem.

+1

The Uber Metal isn't the greatest pedal out there (and I like the Metal Muff a lot more), but I fear your amp is your problem.
Quote by TheQuailman
+1

The Uber Metal isn't the greatest pedal out there (and I like the Metal Muff a lot more), but I fear your amp is your problem.

Im afraid im more worried about my stage sound. My setup onstage is:
Guitar~~~~~Boss TU-3~~~~~~~UberMetal~~~~~~Mixer~~~PA
And the amps sound average at best on most occasions. I want to get the best out of my distortion pedal. A little improvement is also worth it for me. I just need my sound to be clear
ITT: TS ignores the good advice and listens to reviews about pedals he hasn't tried. lol

Listen to Dave_MC and The Quailman you fart.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
ITT: TS ignores the good advice and listens to reviews about pedals he hasn't tried. lol

Listen to Dave_MC and The Quailman you fart.

Well, I was just trying to suggest something adequate for TS in his situation, what he needs is not a new amp, it's something that will sound good through a PA, wich is what I suggested
Quote by Sguit
Well, I was just trying to suggest something adequate for TS in his situation, what he needs is not a new amp, it's something that will sound good through a PA, wich is what I suggested

Excuse me? Was I talking to you? Did you see your user name in any of my posts?

Butt out.

An amp will take you farther than new pedals.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
what's ITT mean?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
what's ITT mean?

In This Thread.

And the Sansamp GT2 may actually be a good solution for stage use. It's designed to be plugged right into mixers, so you don't need to lug around an amp (hence the name Sansamp). I'm not familiar with the different models that are availabe though, I only know that they are designed for use with PAs.
They can also be used with amps, but won't improve the tone of ts' home setup much.
thanks
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Excuse me? Was I talking to you? Did you see your user name in any of my posts?

Butt out.

An amp will take you farther than new pedals.

Chill out
It's just that your post seemed to say that every post was useless except for Dave's and TheQuailman's. I'm not saying they are wrong am I trying to start a argument, I'm just saying my opinion. A good amp if cool if you can use it to is full potential and if you can afford one.
I have no idea what's going on in this thread, so I'm going to put on some armor and charge through all your posts since

But the Hardwire Metal Distortion is one of the best distortion pedals you can get right now. Just want to throw that out there in the sea of madness.

Or maybe it only seems that way because I can't remember the last time I slept...
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
I'm not buying a new amp for the next 4 months atleast. Im looking to buy a new pedal only. And its not that if i buy a pedal now that i wont have the money to buy a nice amp.

And in the town i live in, they dont keep the gear in stock, so no chance of try before i buy. Whatever it is, Il have to order, thats why i need ur advice.

I was Looking at the Metal Muff, coz it seems that its reasonably versatile, has a good metal tone and that boost button is nice for my guitar solos during a gig.Any suggestions are welcome regarding a new pedal

And yes guys, I know that i need a new amp, but il not be able to get one before four months!
Last edited by devjeetroy at Sep 18, 2010,
Like has been said, look into the Sansamp range of amp simulators, they can be plugged directly into the PA and sound miles better than dirt boxes plugged straight into the PA. Also have a look at AMT electronics, their pedals are designed for the same purpose. The pedals are based on popular amplifiers, like the Marshall JCM800, Peavey 5150 and some Engl model (though I don't recall which one). Last guy I talked to preferred the Sansamp stuff by far, but either company is worth checking out.