Ok so I got my bugera 6262 combo and tbh the lead channel sounds too fizzy. I love the crunch and clean but its just the lead. My settings have been all over the place and back but I can't find a sound I like. I've got a mxr 10 band helping it but its still iffy.

Also it gets really warm too, new tubes needed?

I'm thinking either, new speakers or and OD or both?

Any help?
Cheers
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals
Tubes might need re-biasing, but this doesn't sound like anything that should require any replacements. If it's not making any weird crackles/hisses/etc in the clean mode (which i wouldn't think you would 'love') then everything should be fine.

An overdrive is probably your best bet based on my experience. It should "smooth out" gain settings, give you another crunch option, and allow you to retain that clean tone you like so much.

Speakers can do that, particularly if you go for some UK-style closed-back voicing (Marshall-style) and put it in a close-backed amp. I find that "American" voiced speakers (Fender-style) tend to give a fuzzier/fizzier distortion and don't seem to have the same sort of punchy, compressed sound (and a lot of that IS to do with the speakers, though VAST differences in amplifier circuitry play at least an equal role). BUT changing speakers will effect all your tones though, so your risk losing them cleans and crunchies you already fell for...

When you say 'warm' you're talking about temperature (rather than sound), right? A re-biasing is probably in order. It might be running things too hot. Having it dialed back will affect the clean tone (less headroom, less high-end sparkle), but will extend tube life and should cause smoother, softer clipping at lower volumes on the gain channels. This shouldn't makes a HUGE difference in any tonal department though... You'll probably notice but no one else will... at least, in my experience.
Last edited by RadioMuse at Sep 17, 2010,
I am getting a 2x12 closed back cab soon too so im thinkin about turning this into a head anyway,

It does sound like a tube bias is in order though, yeah when i say it gets warm it means its warm enough to fry an egg on that thing.

I might re tube the whole amp when i get my student loan anyway and get an OD,
Been looking at a maxon OD 808 for a long time.

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h

Pedals
About the noise, if it has an FX loop throw a boss ns2 noise supressor in there and that should help...i think...
Quote by bluejaydude
About the noise, if it has an FX loop throw a boss ns2 noise supressor in there and that should help...i think...

I haz ISP decimator in the front, might get another one for the FX loop

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h

Pedals
it may just be fizzy because of the volume you're playing at? if you turn the volume up to a band practice/gig level then that may help. also don't be afraid to drop your treble below 5 (most people never drop treble below 5 and for some amps its really the best way to reduce fizzyness) or put your Presence down a lot?

as people mentioned it could need to be re-biased. new speakers and an OD might also help yes.
I have no treble and no presence, still sounds shit lol
i'll give it a crank tomorrow when the house is free and see if its still about then..

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h

Pedals
anyone else?