Page 1 of 2
My birthday is next Friday and my girlfriend has randomly been telling me she may give me my bday present early. I didn't have work yesterday, so why not sleep in? I woke up around 11am, took a quick trip to the bathroom, then went back to the room to change my clothes and found this...

Without a doubt, the best bday present ever! I've been after an RGA121NTF for a few years. I found one at a local shop a couple years ago, but it had the newer red finish. Not long after that, Ibanez discontinued the RGA121, making it even harder to get one. Musiciansfriend had the RGA121 on clearance, but only with the red finish. Other than that, I've only had one chance to buy one, but it was Bulb's RGA that he toured with and beat to death.

I have no idea how my girlfriend knew I've wanted this guitar, especially since I've only mentioned it once around her. I guess it is true, girls remember everything. This guitar is mint and plays like a dream. I played it through my Recto last night and didn't want to stop playing.

Anyone know what I can use to clean the guitar with down the road? I know the polish I use for my other guitars wouldn't be a good idea since this guitar has a natural finish. I'm thinking the same cleaner for use with an acoustic?
HNGD!

At least your gf can buy you axes. I wouldn't TRUST mine to buy a guitar for me
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Holy sex that's hawt!
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
She knows how picky I am with all things guitar related lol. I'm still absolutely amazed she picked this guitar out.
You better marry this chick. She's incredible haha

HNGD!! I have a lower level RGA and I love it, enjoy this beauty!
Gibson Les Paul Studio Deluxe/Ibanez RGA42/LTD EC401vf
Into:
Whammy IV>Pitchblack>Dunlop 536Q>Fulltone Fulldrive 2>Hardwire TL-2>MXR 10 Band>Line 6 M13
Into:
80s Carvin x100b w/ cab
Quote by JWD32792
You better marry this chick. She's incredible haha

HNGD!! I have a lower level RGA and I love it, enjoy this beauty!

That will happen later this year.

I was really disappointed when they discontinued the RGA121. I saw Ibanez released a new line of RGA's, but all of them have floating trems. Time to play the guitar for a little bit before I gotta get to work... and while the cop neighbor is busy cutting his lawn.
Quote by Guitarmiester
That will happen later this year.

I was really disappointed when they discontinued the RGA121. I saw Ibanez released a new line of RGA's, but all of them have floating trems. Time to play the guitar for a little bit before I gotta get to work... and while the cop neighbor is busy cutting his lawn.

No. Now.
NOW.

Got off this site and propose to her.

Sell the Peavey cab and buy her a ring. Fast.

If my girlfriend did that........(shakes head)

Nice axe....

Intend to get an 8 string soon. Cant decide between the RGA8, the C8 Hellraiser and the C8 Blackjack ATX.
Last edited by GS LEAD 5 at Sep 17, 2010,
youve got a nice GF

awesome guitar!
Inspired by Ibanez RGA321F Prestige, Gibson Les Paul Standard
Powered by CAA OD100 standard+ , Mesa 2x12
Affected by Maxon OD808, Mad Professor Deep blue delay

Dude. Listen to GG&A.

MARRY THIS GIRL. NOW.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
Quote by GS LEAD 5
No. Now.
NOW.

Got off this site and propose to her.

Sell the Peavey cab and buy her a ring. Fast.

If my girlfriend did that........(shakes head)

Nice axe....

Intend to get an 8 string soon. Cant decide between the RGA8, the C8 Hellraiser and the C8 Blackjack ATX.

The Peavey JSX cab is probably going to be replaced with a Mills Acoustic or Mesa. She'd probably kill me if I used the money from that cab for a ring. Diamonds are not that cheap. We're talking at least $5000. Luckily, I've got a good chunk of change saved up, no car payments, and paid off my student loans before graduating from college.

Why an 8 string? I used to have an RG 7 string. I do miss it, but rarely used it. I could pull of the same things with a 6-string and thicker gauge strings.

I wish my gf would buy me something that awesome.

...But then again, I'd feel really bad that she spent that much money on me
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw

...I'd feel really good that she spent that much money on me

fixxed.

I would love one of these.

HNGD!

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by MatrixClaw

I didn't want or expect her to spend that much, but she did good.

She thinks it'll keep me from buying more gear... up until I said, "now I can sell most of my other guitars and maybe buy one or two to replace them."
SWEET!
Beautiful guitar, I almost bought the violin finish a number of years ago but it had some dents on the neck from people trying it out in the store so i decided against it.

If you're gf does this and she's even moderately attractive then totally put a ring on that finger ^_^
Quote by AkiraSpectrum
SWEET!
Beautiful guitar, I almost bought the violin finish a number of years ago but it had some dents on the neck from people trying it out in the store so i decided against it.

If you're gf does this and she's even moderately attractive then totally put a ring on that finger ^_^

I've only seen one RGA121 with the violin finish in person. They don't seem to be consistent though. I've seen pics online and they all seem to look different.

Moderate is an understatement.
Quote by Guitarmiester
Moderate is an understatement.

PICS OR ITS NOT AN UNDERSTATEMENT!!

Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
I knew that was coming lol. I'm sure she wouldn't appreciate that and it'd take away from the NGD pics.
Quote by MatrixClaw

dude you don't need a gf
you don't need a relationship actually, i'm pretty sure you could be alone on earth and still figure out a way to get gear
pic of the gf?

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

Awesome guitar, and even more awesome that your girlfriend would buy that for you!

Congrats!
Amps
Randall RG50TC, Roland Cube 15x

Guitar
LTD MH-100QM, Washburn X12

Effects and Etc.
Ibanez Weeping Demon, Boss FV-500H, Ibanez TS7, Ibanez PH7, dbx 31-band EQ, ISP Decimator
Quote by Guitarmiester
The Peavey JSX cab is probably going to be replaced with a Mills Acoustic or Mesa. She'd probably kill me if I used the money from that cab for a ring. Diamonds are not that cheap. We're talking at least $5000. Luckily, I've got a good chunk of change saved up, no car payments, and paid off my student loans before graduating from college.

Why an 8 string? I used to have an RG 7 string. I do miss it, but rarely used it. I could pull of the same things with a 6-string and thicker gauge strings.

Cause it adds an inch to my weiner.

Seriously speaking, cause I hate changing tunings on my LTD. Ever tried sticking an LTD 100 series with a basic LFR in G# tuning? The experience will kill you.

It stays in tune well so long as its in standard E. Just tuning to drop C will take most of the afternoon. As for B......forget it. I dont want the bridge to rip the strings and hit me in the face. And imagine the sort of monster strings you will need.......I like my tiny 0.08's, thank you.......on a typical 8, you need beefy strings just for the f# and the B strings. Not only that, going to an uber low tuning will lose quite a lot of the high range.

Besides, its a good way to show off- that 0.74 F# will give any self respecting bassist inferiority complex :P . Intend to get a Peavey Vypyr Tube 60 in a few days....dad finally caved in. Imagine getting the volume to say 5 and chugging on the F# Meshuggah style....think "Obzen" or "Combustion"..........extended range soloing a la "This Dying Soul" on clean channel + chorus + delay also impresses the (non metalhead) girls......
Last edited by GS LEAD 5 at Sep 17, 2010,
Quote by Seref
That's an interesting bridge.

Looks interesting, but it's really nothing out of the norm. It's just an alteration of a hard tail.

Quote by WinterSteel
Awesome guitar, and even more awesome that your girlfriend would buy that for you!

Congrats!

Thanks! No idea how I got so lucky.

Quote by GS LEAD 5
Cause it adds an inch to my weiner.

Seriously speaking, cause I hate changing tunings on my LTD. Ever tried sticking an LTD 100 series with a basic LFR in G# tuning? The experience will kill you.

It stays in tune well so long as its in standard E. Just tuning to drop C will take most of the afternoon. As for B......forget it. I dont want the bridge to rip the strings and hit me in the face. And imagine the sort of monster strings you will need.......I like my tiny 0.08's, thank you.......on a typical 8, you need beefy strings just for the f# and the B strings. Not only that, going to an uber low tuning will lose quite a lot of the high range.

Besides, its a good way to show off- that 0.74 F# will give any self respecting bassist inferiority complex :P . Intend to get a Peavey Vypyr Tube 60 in a few days....dad finally caved in. Imagine getting the volume to say 5 and chugging on the F# Meshuggah style....think "Obzen" or "Combustion"..........extended range soloing a la "This Dying Soul" on clean channel + chorus + delay also impresses the (non metalhead) girls......

Go for that 8! For some reason I didn't think you were playing Meshuggah type stuff. I don't see a whole lot of Meshuggah talk around here, then again I don't post as much as I used to. You'd lose a lot of the high range trying to pull that off on a 7. Not only that, but the strings would feel like rubber bands. Hopefully the Vypyr will be tight enough to handle the low end. It's been a while since I played one of those.

Double check to make sure they don't have an adam's apple.
Quote by Guitarmiester
Looks interesting, but it's really nothing out of the norm. It's just an alteration of a hard tail.

Maybe so, but I've been looking for a good bridge for my build. Looks like this bridge may be the one I wanted a wraparound for the looks but most decently priced wraparounds have almost no intonation capabilities. This bridge seems like a perfect compromise.
Go for the gibraltar. There's a lot of mass to it, but it's rounded out for comfort. Mine has already been set up perfectly, but from looking over the Ibanez booklet there's more than enough intonation capabilities. Any questions about the bridge, feel free to ask. I'll try to answer to the best of my knowledge.
Well, I noticed on some photos I found that the bridge is countersunk a few millimeters into the body. I'm hoping that's just to eliminate need for a neck angle 'cause I really don't want to have to sink the bridge. Does it look like it's a necessity for it?

EDIT: just found a guy who's got them on resale from the japanese factory. They're at a pretty great price, too.
Last edited by Seref at Sep 18, 2010,
WAT DAH FUHK.

I've never met a girl who'd spend that much on me, or be that thoughtful.

HNAD
Quote by SG_dave at #33549256
I've never wanted to see a guy eat dick so much in my life.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7 at #33553650
If you are white, you are scum.
Marry her NAO!
Also, HNGD.
Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Gibson Explorer New Century
Gibson RD Artist
Fender American Standard Telecaster

Amps:

Framus Cobra
Marshall JCM800 2203 - 1960A

Pedals:

Crybaby 535Q
Rockbox Boiling Point Overdrive
Quote by Seref
Well, I noticed on some photos I found that the bridge is countersunk a few millimeters into the body. I'm hoping that's just to eliminate need for a neck angle 'cause I really don't want to have to sink the bridge. Does it look like it's a necessity for it?

EDIT: just found a guy who's got them on resale from the japanese factory. They're at a pretty great price, too.

I don't think it's a necessity, but then you'll have a bit more of an angle to the bridge. I'd do a little more research on that before buying though.

Quote by CL/\SH
WAT DAH FUHK.

I've never met a girl who'd spend that much on me, or be that thoughtful.

HNAD

I haven't either, up until a little over a year ago.

Quote by R.D
Marry her NAO!
Also, HNGD.

Thanks! I will, I will lol.
Quote by Guitarmiester

Thanks! No idea how I got so lucky.

Go for that 8! For some reason I didn't think you were playing Meshuggah type stuff. I don't see a whole lot of Meshuggah talk around here, then again I don't post as much as I used to. You'd lose a lot of the high range trying to pull that off on a 7. Not only that, but the strings would feel like rubber bands. Hopefully the Vypyr will be tight enough to handle the low end. It's been a while since I played one of those.

Double check to make sure they don't have an adam's apple.

Adam's Apple?

I've seen some vids of the Vypyr 60....sounds pretty darn good for a modeller.....esp the Recto and Diezel models. Intend to get my mitts on one before buying though.....
Quote by Guitarmiester
I don't think it's a necessity, but then you'll have a bit more of an angle to the bridge. I'd do a little more research on that before buying though.

I haven't either, up until a little over a year ago.

Thanks! I will, I will lol.

I'm counting to 10. If you dont propose by then, I'm gonna marry her.
Quote by GS LEAD 5
Adam's Apple?

I've seen some vids of the Vypyr 60....sounds pretty darn good for a modeller.....esp the Recto and Diezel models. Intend to get my mitts on one before buying though.....

I was just messing with you. I'm not into a lot of the heavy shit I used to listen to. A good majority of the girls at those kind of shows are pretty butch or a little too goth... and chunky. Check for an adam's apple, as in make sure it's not a guy.

The last time I played a Vypyr it wasn't the tube version, but it still sounded really good. Every model had a lot of gain on tap, but what modeler doesn't? Be sure to keep the gain under 12 and the bass rolled back.

Quote by SwampAshSpecial
DAYUM, good girlfriend! I hope she sucked you off as well?

HNGD

Lol that was a little much. Let's keep it PG for the kids of UG.
Quote by Guitarmiester
I was just messing with you. I'm not into a lot of the heavy shit I used to listen to. A good majority of the girls at those kind of shows are pretty butch or a little too goth... and chunky. Check for an adam's apple, as in make sure it's not a guy.

The last time I played a Vypyr it wasn't the tube version, but it still sounded really good. Every model had a lot of gain on tap, but what modeler doesn't? Be sure to keep the gain under 12 and the bass rolled back.

Lol that was a little much. Let's keep it PG for the kids of UG.

But DID she?
Quote by timzee117
pic of the gf?

I second this motion. I have a hunch, but to keep from offending I won't say anything
You know, you're probably reading this saying "Hey, I'm bored, maybe this'll be funny?"
It's not. Too bad. No, I am not refunding you those 6 seconds of your life. So :P

Page 1 of 2