I'm mainly a regular guitar player, but just recently i've started learning bass. At this time, the only gear i have is a Line 6 Spider III amp which i use for both my electric guitar (an Ibanez) and my bass (some strange crappy Austin). Basically, and this is pretty common knowledge, but a bass guitar does not sound like it should when played through a guitar amp, and tahts my problem. I want it to sound like it should.

So my question involving foot pedals is, would it be possible to run my bass through a standard bass foot pedal, probably a distortion one but turn the distortion down a lot, and into my guitar amp AND have it sound right? I'm assuming to get the best results in this situation would be to put my amp on clean because the pedal is for the distortion, if needed, or maybe not.

But yeah, any tips guys? Or even if you guys want to suggest a product, pedal or an amp, i'll look into it. Money is not really a problem, but i'm not going to be playing live so i don't need anything to big. Just for practicing, y'know?

If this is confusing, let me known and i'll try and clarify. I'm still new to this stuff
Hi. I love
Muse
and
[highlight]Redheads[/highlight]
You're going to destroy your guitar amp if you keep playing a bass through it. Buy a bass amp.
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
1967 Fender Coronado Bass II
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB
1. The SG stands for “solid guitar.”
Quote by consecutive e
You're going to destroy your guitar amp if you keep playing a bass through it. Buy a bass amp.

Oh well jeez thanks for the heads-up man.

And much thanks to you too, Marrow. I really appreciate it guys!
Hi. I love
Muse
and
[highlight]Redheads[/highlight]
Used X3 Live perhaps? It has both guitar and bass modeling (and even vocals if you're into that). If you wait long enough, they might even drop in price further after the HD goes out.