Hey all,
So for a first time customizing project, I'm going to be making some alterations to my Ibanez 7 string. Basically I'm going to be refinishing it in a matte black, adding some new pickups and filing down the nut a bit to make room for some heavier gauge strings.

I have a question though, and I have a feeling is totally impossible. Worth looking into though I spose.

I cannot STAND the look fo my neck right now. It's white dots on a rosewood fingerboard. And i love the way this neck plays, I just can't stand how it looks. Is there any way of altering this at all? For example could I just expand the dots into the gibson blocks? Or is that in no way possible? Any way of getting rid of those dots would be awesome. Even if I could just have a neck with no inlays, I'm fine with that.

Any ways, Just thought I'd ask, thanks for any help given!

P.S. If i can't get rid of the finish, could I replace the neck with a 7 string neck from Warmoth?
Look up vinyl inlay stickers on ebay, they really work great. Had mine for a year or two now with no problems, same guitar too. Here's a pic for inspiration.
Last edited by Shashing at Sep 17, 2010,
Slashing, does this have an effect on the playability of the guitar at all? And secondly, where did you find you're sticker? It's exactly the same as my last guitar (Schecter C-1 Classic) And I really love the look of it!
Cheers man, it doesn't affect the playability at all. I got them off ebay, there's a couple places selling them. Jockomo81 and I think Creativecuts or something like that.
look into fretboard dying, you can make it look very close to ebony. pretty simple fix that makes a big diff.
Member of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join

Gear:

ESP LTD DV8-R
Squier SG (Specs Unknown)
Kustom KGA-10 Ten watt practice amp
Marshall TSL 602

My JEM Build