Meh

$250 tops.

The SD doesnt add any value and I think thats either a LoTRS trem or Edge III,

not always a bad thing, but not worth $400

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Jump on it. Try to haggle if you can, but it's not really necessary - That's a really great price.

I'm assuming the previous posters don't really know a whole lot about the nuances of different Ibanez models, but RGT models go for around $800 new, and they are very high quality compared to the run of the mill RG's. They are the very highest you can go before breaking into Prestige Territory.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
Jump on it. Try to haggle if you can, but it's not really necessary - That's a really great price.

I'm assuming the previous posters don't really know a whole lot about the nuances of different Ibanez models, but RGT models go for around $800 new, and they are very high quality compared to the run of the mill RG's. They are the very highest you can go before breaking into Prestige Territory.

I know the nuances thanks, and no they arent higher quality, the T just stands for tremelo, with a set neck as opposed to bolt on and that it was built in Korea ( I assume thats the case as the older ones certainly where )

Which in this case is the sub par Edge III along side mediocre pickups.

$250 is a far price for a lower to mid range guitar thats not in standard condition, with an infamous trem and commonly know to be sub par pickups.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by Tom 1.0
I know the nuances thanks, and no they arent higher quality, the T just stands for tremelo, with a set neck as opposed to bolt on and that it was built in Korea ( I assume thats the case as the older ones certainly where )

Which in this case is the sub par Edge III along side mediocre pickups.

$250 is a far price for a lower to mid range guitar thats not in standard condition, with an infamous trem and commonly know to be sub par pickups.

The T stands for thru neck, not tremolo. If it stood for tremolo, nearly every RG ever made would have a T on it. It's a thru neck, not a set neck. Like I said before, as you confirmed by stating where they were made, they are the best RG's you can get before entering Prestige territory, and that is a good price. How is half or more off of brand new price not a good price?

EDIT: I did a bit of research, and Tom is more correct than I thought originally. I would have been right, if this was one of the originals. It looks like this one is one of the post 2007 ones though.

You can see yourself here. http://ibanez.wikia.com/wiki/RGT42DX

Even with that though, I still stand by it being a good price. RGT's are getting harder and harder to find. Regardless of the Edge III, it still has a higher build quality than most RG's.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Last edited by Offworld92 at Sep 17, 2010,