recently i have been fortunate enough to inherit some money from a lost relative, £1000 to be exact.
i decided i would spend the money on a really good steel string acoustic.

after searching around for hours i became particuarly interested in the folk sized martin OM's. i play alot of fingerstlye, but also strumming, so this sized guitar was perfect for me

click here for example

however, it appears that even a grand cannot purchase a high end martin guitar! so my question was, what OM style guitar is the best money can buy for under a grand? any make, but preferably no cut away, and some electronics included if possible.

OR am i misinformed, and there are some brilliant martin OM's for about a grand???

thanks
YOU HAVE AN OMJM?? thats like my dream acoustic, how is it for you??? worth the money??? that guitar looks nice you posted, obviously would have to try loads of guitars before deciding
Quote by Samlewis1994
recently i have been fortunate enough to inherit some money from a lost relative, £1000 to be exact.
i decided i would spend the money on a really good steel string acoustic.

after searching around for hours i became particuarly interested in the folk sized martin OM's. i play alot of fingerstlye, but also strumming, so this sized guitar was perfect for me

click here for example

however, it appears that even a grand cannot purchase a high end martin guitar! so my question was, what OM style guitar is the best money can buy for under a grand? any make, but preferably no cut away, and some electronics included if possible.

OR am i misinformed, and there are some brilliant martin OM's for about a grand???

thanks

See if there is anything you like here.

If you need me to tell you about Faith Guitars, I will...but there are youtube links etc on the websites. Roughly...all solid wood, decent electronics, hard case, real Grovers...etc...

High Gloss versions are about £600. A Saturn might do you nicely.

Faith Guitars

See my post in HERE for further details.

What part of the UK are you in?

EDIT: Coincidently, Rob Brydon was playing a Faith Saturn on his show, while Tom Jones sang. Right now on BBC2.
Quote by Cal UK

...that's what Skeet always says anyway and he's a sex god.

Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list

I support Shay van Fani
I can supply WD Music, ABM and AllParts products to UK builders at DISCOUNTED prices!
Last edited by Skeet UK at Sep 17, 2010,
I recently tried out a freshman in a local music shop, can't remember the model (dreadnought type thing) I was amazed at the feel and sound from this guitar, fell in love with it first note I played, £600 hand made in Scotland apparently, I would encourage everyone to try one out. good luck with whatever you buy

be of good cheer Ian
i particularly like the guild GAD-30 models - both the rosewood and mahogany. if you check 'em out in person, you'll notice that the woods have their own sounds. i found the sound of the mahogany model very clean with some string separation, and the rosewood had a little more bass and some very nice overtones.

while everything i've heard about faith guitars is good, i haven't had the opportunity to try one.
Quote by patticake
i particularly like the guild GAD-30 models - both the rosewood and mahogany. if you check 'em out in person, you'll notice that the woods have their own sounds. i found the sound of the mahogany model very clean with some string separation, and the rosewood had a little more bass and some very nice overtones.

while everything i've heard about faith guitars is good, i haven't had the opportunity to try one.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00ttsp4/The_Rob_Brydon_Show_Episode_1/

Isn't working yet, but should be later today. If you can scroll through about half way to the Tom Jones bit, you will see and hear a Faith Eclipse Saturn. Starts around 12:00

Or watch it, might find it funny
Quote by Cal UK

...that's what Skeet always says anyway and he's a sex god.

Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list

I support Shay van Fani
I can supply WD Music, ABM and AllParts products to UK builders at DISCOUNTED prices!
Last edited by Skeet UK at Sep 20, 2010,
Quote by Samlewis1994
YOU HAVE AN OMJM?? thats like my dream acoustic, how is it for you??? worth the money??? that guitar looks nice you posted, obviously would have to try loads of guitars before deciding

As for the OMJM, I haven't taken any pictures of it yet, but I will today. I really, really love it, it's my dream acoustic as well. It's so incredibly clear is absurd.

Anyway, I've played the Guild, and as with 99% of OMs, I don't like the 1 3/4" nut radius. I prefer the 11/16, customary of a dreadnought.
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
I LOVE my OM-1. I bought the one without electronics so I could get no cutaway and get my luthier to put in my favorite pickup (Fishman Matrix Infinity). I do know that they make an OM-1 that has a pickup in it without a cutaway.

I love it. A lot of people say that it's overpriced, but I played a bunch of different ones at different guitar stores. It does have a 1 3/4 neck, but I've grown accustomed to it.

Oh P.S. The OMJM is my dream acoustic as well...haha.