anyone here know if you can fit big bottle tubes such as kt66's or 88's in these combo amps ?? or if someone doesnt mind could you check the distance from the center of each socket. i know the amp heads dont have enough spacing to fit big bottle tubes in all 4 sockets, but have heard a few locals asking about if it is possible with the combo's which got me to thinking if it is even physically possible.
AGILE PS970/4000 (one off custom) :: JACKSON DKMGT :: DEAN SOLTERO
MESA Dual Rec (2CH) :: (2) AVATAR 2X12 cabs w/ celestions

BUGERA 6262 FOR SALE !!!
I dunno if it even will take KT's...

It looks like there's about 1 1/2 - 2 inches between the 6L6's in there stock. I dunno about the sockets themeselves, sorry.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
6505's CANNOT interchange tube types. They are designed for 6L6's only.
Ibanez RGR421EXFM >> Maxon OD808 >> BOSS NS-2 >> Peavey 5150 212
Quote by DroptuneD
6505's CANNOT interchange tube types. They are designed for 6L6's only.

i have ran integrated quads of kt66's with 6l6's and also kt88's with 6l6's in previous 5150/6505 amps and have had zero issues with them. i know they dont take el34's but i have ran the others without any problems whatsoever. the 88's would be a stretch, but if room permitted the kt66's would be basically a direct drop in replacement for the 6l6's. i was just curious about physical room, not what works and what doesnt. if i had one of the combo amps in front of me i wouldnt have even asked about the measurement.

thanks for the replies guys
AGILE PS970/4000 (one off custom) :: JACKSON DKMGT :: DEAN SOLTERO
MESA Dual Rec (2CH) :: (2) AVATAR 2X12 cabs w/ celestions

BUGERA 6262 FOR SALE !!!
Last edited by MYLILSS at Sep 17, 2010,
Yeah the peavey forums have a really nice search function too (no sarcasm) and I bet there are a handful of users over there that have already asked/tried. I wish I had one sitting here - I'd measure it for you. I know the circuit is supposed to be the same but the form factor and other components obviously are not.